• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHAT DO I TAKE INTO HOSPITAL?

janie71

Im having a gastric band fitted next week and have been told that I will be in for 3-4 days(I was not expecting to be in that long). Not sure what to take, dont want to over pack, not going on holiday, lol. Pjs, nighty, underwear, dressing gown, slippers, toiletries and ? :confused:

ditzeeblonde

Can't help you on the packing but wanted to wish you luck for yr op. x

Caroline101061

thats a long time to be in for a band - they normally kick people out on the same day or the day after. Take the minimum - not much space and things could get stolen. Your list is fine but add a book and a mobile phone.

NEDebz

Good luck for the operation.

I've read about people taking dry mouth spray, wet wipes and lip balm. What about something to occupy your mind? Maybe a book, magazines or DS?

You must be so excited xxx

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I had a bypass and was only in for 48 hours. In that time I only used a book, slippers, dry mouth spray, 2 pair of pajamas (got sick on one pair so pleased for have another to change into), toiletries and my mobile.

zetacatty

A loser at last!
Take in some lip balm or, better still, Boots Dry Mouth Spray - the anaesthetic makes your mouth really dry. I took a book, magazines and a puzzle book and didn't touch any of them - you spend quite a lot of time sleeping. good luck Mxx

Glenville

I would suggest all that everyone has mentioned plus some NAS squash. I don't know what they do to the drinking water in hospitals but it tastes terrible.

Good luck,
John

jayney3252

baby wipes I took as well and used them as got so dry and its nice to freshen up. Good luck with the op x x

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
I took in loads of stuff to keep me occupied but didn't use any of it, I either slept or watched tv!! Agree about the wet wipes, I found them handy for a freshen up. I took in some loose fitting everyday clothes too so I wasn't moping around in my pj's all the time, it made me feel a bit better being up and dressed.

Best of luck to you,
Cuppa xx

Big an Bouncy

Nas squash and a pillow to travel home for your tum!You will sleep lots so dont bother with a book!