• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do y"all think.??

lyndajoan

hi everyone i went to the nurse today for my reg I.N.R. blood test, we got around to diet and i mentioned protine powder and she thinks its not really a good thing to take unless you are a body builder as in her words "it can damage your kidneys and liver" i just dont know what to do i am using powderd milk for extra but some days i am finding it hard to get all my required amount in, i noticed a few people on here use the whey protine powder as an extra suppliment, and noticeing weight loss when adding this to your diet just want to know what you think as i dont want to do more damage than good. thanks . xxxx:confused::sigh:

yes i was told this also thats why i have the powderd milk, it is expensive and if i was boby building in the future i may consider it i am eating yoghurts, cottage cheese, and i am going to try an egg again tommorrow for breakfast, i also eat other food stuff but was told these contain protine, i am just worried about not getting enough protine in as there is not one tablet you can take to boost this that i know of anyway.

I worried about this and cant stand protein drinks but was drinking them cause I was that concerned, but when i talked to my dietician she advised against them and sed not to focus too much on it and just in general make sure i eat more protein than carbs so thats what I do she wudnt even give me a no in g that i shud be eating in protein cause I had previously been weighing my chicken etc so I knew how much protein but she told me to stop weighing food as Im not on a diet I just need to learn to want to eat less so I dont resent my bypass later on. But we all get told different things its wierd

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Yes same here was advised against them a healthy diet should be suficient, i have never tried anyhting like that, either but have to think each day still have i had enough. xx

Back