• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you eat dailey?

BandyEmm

Hey everyone, I need some help,

What do fellow banders eat and drink thru out the day?

Because if im totally honest i havent got a clue what i should and shouldnt be eating ( ok i no about sliding bad foods)

How many times a day do you eat?

Thanks my lovelies

Hi Em theres a daily band menues section on here where people list there daily intake its quite a interesting read, go to the wls recipies section and its in that part x

Hi Emma

There was a band daily menus thread on here but I dont think people use it anymore. Looking through it may give you some ideas. Ive just had a fill so Im on sloppies at the moment but prior to that a typical day would be:

Breakfast: boiled egg and thin melba toast or ryvita or a slim fast shake if out and about.

Lunch: Tuna or salmon salad (dont eat meat) or a jacket pot (inside only) with tuna and salad. Cottage cheese and wholewheat crackers.

Dinner: Ready meal low fat (no rice or pasta), homemade veg curry or chilli. Omlette made with 2 eggs with veg and cheese. Tofu and veg stir fry.

2ltrs of water a day plus tea with skimmed milk. Snacks unsalted nuts - just a few, fruit, low fat yoghurt.

Hope that gives you an idea x

Breakfast ideas...

Small omlette made with one egg, small amount of cheese, 1 slice bacon with fat removed.
Small 35-50gram bowl of cereal, skimmed milk, fat free yogurt on top
Slimfast shake
Protein Bar
Aim for about 300-400 calories

Snacks
Carrot sticks with humous
Unsalted nuts
Rice cake with low Philly
Aim for no more that 125 calories in total

Lunch
Weight Watchers meal or supermarket equivalent
Prawn Salad
Chick thigh and Salad
Jacket Spud with beans and small amoutn cheese
Tuna and Mixed cooked veg
Aim for about 300-400 calories

Dinner
Similar to lunches, just use your imagination, look in recipe books and reduce quantities and fat.
Aim for similar calories to lunch.

Treats
I used Solero ice loolies in summer on 99 calories and my diabetic friend swears by them.

Try to eat more veg than fruit as it has hidden sugars.

Eat the protein on the plate first, then veggies, then if room for carbs, just a little. Remember its getting the balance that helps.

hence the term healthy balance diet :)

Drink loads of water but not to close to either starting a meal or after a meal.

I hope this helps :)

today ive had:

2 de-caff coffees

2 hot chocolates

small bowl of mixed fruit chopped up

small serving of spouts, peppers & peas, 1 small pork loin chop

bottle of diet coke

Not the bestest of choices i know

Technically Emm you have only had one meal today, fruit would be a snack.

You are seriously undereating, worked out your calories roughly

Pork chop 220 calories
Possibly 100 cals in all drinks
Vegetables almost no calories bar the peas, which would be minimal if you had a small amount.

I reckon less than 500 calories all day.

800 is considered starvation mode.

Here's the sort of thing I've had this week

TUESDAY
Breakfast - Small portion of Special K (dry!)
Mid morning - Dairylea Dunker
Lunch - tbsp of cottage cheese with salad
Afternoon - few boiled sweets
Dinner - 1 h/m burger topped with a slice of melted brie with 1 tbsp of coucous and salad
few strawberries
Evening - bag of crisps

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast - small bowl of frosties (dry)
Mid morning - 3 ritz crackers with low fat pate
Lunch - tbsp of tuna with mayo and salad.
Afternoon - bag of crisps
Dinner - I made toad in the hole but only had 1/2 sausage wrapped in bacon with a tiny piece of the crispy batter, a spoonful of cheesy mash and a few carrots.
Evening - a small bag of chocolate buttons

THURSDAY
Breakfast - dairlylea dunker (eating on the move!)
Mid morning - bag of wotsits
Lunch - 5 ritz crackers with brie, tomato & basil. 1/2 orange.
Afternoon - 1/2 banana
Dinner - 1/4 chicken breast in bbq seasoning, salad with pine nuts & dressing.

I expect thats why ive been so damn shattered all the time :(

Today is forcefull eating day for me, heres what i had so far:

1 pt nas lemon
2 coffees -decaff
2 weetabix with skimmed milk
1pt nsa blackcurrent
1/2 pt water
1pt skimmed milk
1 egg, 1 rasher bacon, scoop of beans
1/4 weight watchers banoffee ice cream thingy (didnt like it)

Am feeling really really stuffed right now, will have a jacket spud or chicken for dinner

the scales are gonna defo move tommorrow morning, upwards!!!

Hi Emma, here's what I've eaten from Friday.

Friday
Banana ready made Slimfast shake (same everyday!!)
Home made chicken and chunky vegetable soup with 2 Carrs water biscuits
Home made chilli on a smallish jacket potato
Yogurt with liquidised berries
1 Multi vitamin
Liptons iced tea (lemon - approx 1 1/2 litres)
Tea and coffee

Saturday
Ready made Slimfast shake
Home made spinach and courgette soup with water biscuits (2)
yogurt
banana
Dinner will be home made lamb curry with small amount of rice, raita and a popodum
1 multi vitamin

An average day for me would probably be something like...

Breakfast: Poached egg & toast or beans & toast or omelette (1 egg, ham, mushrooms and a small amount of cheese) & toast

Lunch: ham wrap with tiny amount of mayo light or ham & beetroot or beans & toast, or ham/chicken/tuna/prawn salad

Dinner: Chicken/beef stirfry... (peppers, mushrooms, babycorn, onions, any other veg you can think of) in soy sauce and a bit of maybe sweet chilli or oyster or satay etc whatever flavours you like, just make sure you lift it out of the pan without the sauce as this will make it a slider :sigh: with a small amount of basmati rice (low GI)

The following dinners are all homemade as ready meals are full of salt etc...

Chicken curry (little sauce) with basmati rice
Chilli con carne with basmati rice
Stew
Spag bol with small amount of pasta (wholewheat)
Baked potato with prawns in a small amount of marie rose sauce (ketchup & mayo)
Slimming world chips with a chicken breast coated in spices and maybe some salad

The good thing about the band is you can generally eat what you did before as long as it isn't slider and just smaller amounts :)

Emm...

You have done a lot of fluids today and they don't count towards food intake really.

Have chicken tonight, you need the protein more than the spud.

You need more solid foods, this is all slider food apart from the rasher of bacon and the egg.

I have a menu for you to try tomorrow...see how you get on.

First thing in morning, drink 500 mls slimmed milk, wait 30 mins, then

Breakfast
---------

1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, tablespoon of sliced cooked mushrooms or small bowl of cereal with skimmed milk and a fat free yoghurt.

Around mid morning have 750 mls of drink, your choice

Lunch
------

Small Jacket spud that will fit comfortably in palm of hand with cheese and beans, side salad.

30 mins after have 250mls drink, your choice.

Dinner
------

Chicken thigh, small slice of cheese, small slice bacon. Melt the cheese over the chicken and put small bit crispy bacon on top. Serve with small salad or veg of choice.

Drink 500mls

See if this leaves you less bloated for real food and less tired in general. Substitute the meats for different ones, and add different flavourings.

I hope this helps.

thanks Caz, im having a chicken parcel tonight with salad, The parcel has cheese and bacon in.

i will be sure to follow your menu tommorrow, Really appreciate your help, thankyou so so much.

I really want to get the scales moving and eating the right amount :)

x

Hi Em
my eating changes day to day some days i can eat a variety of food another day it's limited, but i try to have 3 meals a day,
breakfast ;
1 wholemeal toast
lunch;
chicken and couscous
tea:
chicken & veg /tuna salad/jacket spud & beans
water all day , green tea, odd coffee.
Hope it helps, i'v used the band menu's it is helpful when you'r stuck for ideas.

Back