• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FAO Longterm banders.....advice required..

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Morning all,

I had my 1st fill 3 weeks ago and im wondering if i need another as portion sizes are creeping back up. However, im still being sick sometimes with some foods.

Im wondering:-

1) how often are you sick (daily, weekly, never)
2) does you band tighten at different times of the day?
3) if we measure in cream crackers. how many can you eat before you are full?

I just need to guage if i need a 2nd fill or not. Somedays im eating tiny amounts unyet other days i could eat a horse! I dont know what to do for the best. Im scared that if i have another fill, the days im tight now, will be pure hell with a 2nd fill.

Thanks in advance

Morning all,

I had my 1st fill 3 weeks ago and im wondering if i need another as portion sizes are creeping back up. However, im still being sick sometimes with some foods.

Im wondering:-

1) how often are you sick (daily, weekly, never)

Hardly ever ( Normally me own fault tho) Nothing medically

2) does you band tighten at different times of the day?

Yes, My band is more tighter in the morning, and if I get stressed/upset etc.

3) if we measure in cream crackers. how many can you eat before you are full?

3 Maximum if they are plain, only 2 with Pate or some kinda topping. But never more then 3.

I just need to guage if i need a 2nd fill or not. Somedays im eating tiny amounts unyet other days i could eat a horse! I dont know what to do for the best. Im scared that if i have another fill, the days im tight now, will be pure hell with a 2nd fill.

Thanks in advance

What kind of foods are you eating when u can eat like a horse?? As you know some foods go through the band more quicker and therefore you will be able to eat more of these foods. xx

3 crackers! i definately need another fill. I could eat about 5 at present.

It was my sons birthday on tuesday and i ate quite a lot (yes party foods which would slip through easily)

Thanks BD - really helpful

Before my second fill I was able to eat much bigger portions and was getting hungry again about an hour after a meal. Also hardly any food was getting stuck.
Now I have had my second fill my portions are very small again and at the moment being a little bit sick is a 1 or 2 time daily thing. Probably my fault though, even when I have hit the full point, I still try to carry on. Either because I've only had a few bites or what I'm eating is so nice that I don't want to stop! Big lesson to learn there for me!
It sounds like you need another fill.
Aren't parties a pain?! Party food and tight bands do not mix. Iam going out for a big family meal on saturday to celebrate my 35th (ARGHHHHH) birthday, and I'm worried that I'll end up in the loo regurgitating. (sorry about horrible word, but true).
I must try the cracker test!!
xxx

Tam - you are doing the right thing being cautious. I was exactly the same and it paid off for me.

I have never been sick, although with my last 2 fills I have had a few 'stuck' moments, BUT thats because I have good restriction and I wasnt chewing enough or taking small enough mouthfulls.

My band is tighter in the morning, I cant eat really very much at all until mid morning. Also when stressed, I usually lose my appetite completly.

I dont eat cream crackers but I could eat 2 ryvita's (bigger) and I can eat 4 thin melba toast with a topping.

I can eat lots of salad an a fair bit of veggies too.

If I were you I would give it a bit longer but try to stick to the healthy stuff and eat very slowly xx

Thanks all,

I made myself a lovely bowl (cereal bowl) of salad last night and to be honest i could have eaten more. 30 minutes later i was digging into my sons birthday cake!

Ive provisionally booked a 2nd fill for 18th july. Between now and then im going to eat only good foods (the best i can) and see how i get on. If i manage to loose weight this weekend and next weekend ill postpone the fill.

I am now nearly 8 months out and have had 3 fills. For the first time I have good restriction and have as a result suffered being sick 4 times in the last few weeks - not pleasant. I agree with the advice given by Mazza and Julie. It is best not to compare with others - you know your body best. The eating slowly and chew, chew chew is also vital. My band is much tighter in the mornings than the evenings and if I am stressed it feels like someone has their hands around the top of my stomach and nothing is getting past it. Having taken on board comments on my posts I have put the sickness down to not chewing enough and/or not eating slowly enough. I hate eating cold food but it is something I am going to have to get used to if I want to avoid being sick again.

Good food choices are vital - it is amazing how well crap goes down! I find if I eat protein first then veg there is no room for carbs - in fact I do not bother with them if I can.

We will all get there but it is a steep learning curve all the time.

tranquil x

I am thinking I need my second fill as well. I only had my first 10 days ago but have not noticed any difference really. I have never been sick, but saying that I did eat a couple of potato wedges last night and they got stuck, which was not very nice and made me a bit panicky. I am going to book in for my next fill and hope it helps. I have not tried the cracker test either but I can do 2 swedish krispbreads with cheese at one time. I am sure we will all get to where we want to be - that is because we are all brilliant and brave xxx

Ive been in port talbot all weekend (took my son to see fireman sam live) and ive had no issues at all. Ive made good food choices apart from the full english breakfast.
Ive eaten quite a bit too so a 2nd fill it will be. Ive eaten very very slow and not had any issues.

I had 0.5ml put in yesterday and ive just tried to eat a yoghurt and could notice something different.
My provider was reluctant to put anything in, but when i explained whats been going on and how ive 'tweeked' my diet for the better, she was fine to give me the fill.

Tam glad your back in control you are doing so well. My 2nd fill is doing weird things to me. I used to be able to eat 2 krisprolls with laughing cow easy but now struggling to get the the 2nd half of the first one down comfortably. Fills themselves take a bit of getting used to. x

Back