• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what fills me up

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
after 1st fill could eat cereal, snack lunch tea and another snack.
now 1/2 pot ww yog (50 cals per pot), 2-3 spoons bran flakes, 1-2 slices meat or less than 1/2 fish fillet fills me up. hardly having many calories so having 2-3 options hot choc drinks or some slim fast aswell.
Boy did i feel it yesterday when i ate laste 2 mouthfuls of my 1/2 fish fillet. the pain was dreadful, couldnt breathe - omg. will be learning from that i can tell you.,
having drinks etc no prob and today went hours and didnt even feel hungry.
Got a date with my scale for tuesday to see my progress towards 4stone goal. i cant see any difference or dont feel any difference although surely i will have lost? hope so anyway.
i am thrilled with my band and 2nd fill although i keep expecting this restriction to change.??
sorry its similar to my last post but i makes it more real when i see it in front of me.
hope everyones enjoying the lovely sunshine and thanks for reading.

All sounds good! how much did they put in for your second fill? Im probably going to go for another in a few weeks but Im terrified of getting to the too restricted point - if that makes sense lol x

All sounds good! how much did they put in for your second fill? Im probably going to go for another in a few weeks but Im terrified of getting to the too restricted point - if that makes sense lol x
got 5ml in 10ml band.1st fill 3 then 2 last sunday.
i know what you mean about too resticted. not having any way near 1000 cals told to aim for. i think i am a bit but worried any less wouldnt get any restriction as the 3mls did nothing for me.

I had 5ml in my 9ml band for my first fill. This gave restriction for a week or so but then it went. 4 weeks after 1st fill I had my 2nd and they put 7.5 in. OMG this is so tight. I can only eat sloppie foods. Even drinks can be a problem some days. Takes about 45minutes to drink a mug of tea. If I eat something solid I chew and chew and chew the smallest amounts but then have to be sick because its stuck. The pain is unbelievable. I too feel like I'm not losing but hope like you that I am still losing. For my breakfast I have a slimfast shake that can take 45 mins/hour to drink. At teatime I try to eat but its very little amounts and I'm still sick so then for supper I have another slimfast shake. I too worry about the amount of calories because I really can't be bothered to eat when I know I'm going to suffer. I never feel hungry either and have to remind myself to actually eat or have a slimfast. Sorry for the rambling lolxx

I had 5ml in my 9ml band for my first fill. This gave restriction for a week or so but then it went. 4 weeks after 1st fill I had my 2nd and they put 7.5 in. OMG this is so tight. I can only eat sloppie foods. Even drinks can be a problem some days. Takes about 45minutes to drink a mug of tea. If I eat something solid I chew and chew and chew the smallest amounts but then have to be sick because its stuck. The pain is unbelievable. I too feel like I'm not losing but hope like you that I am still losing. For my breakfast I have a slimfast shake that can take 45 mins/hour to drink. At teatime I try to eat but its very little amounts and I'm still sick so then for supper I have another slimfast shake. I too worry about the amount of calories because I really can't be bothered to eat when I know I'm going to suffer. I never feel hungry either and have to remind myself to actually eat or have a slimfast. Sorry for the rambling lolxx

Hi there,

You sound waaaaaaaaaaaaay to tight, you should have no restriction on fluids whatsoever and you should be back to normal food.

Meals should take about 20 mins and if you are throwing up everytime you need a defill NOW.

Throwing up with a band is bad news, you can do yourself a lot of harm. You will make pouch sore, the band tighter and things could get worse.

A tight band like yours is not a sucessful band.

My surgeon would have a fit if I reported to him what you have here, please get 0.5 mil taken out, so you can drink freely.

oooooh that sounds too tight. have you considered having a small amount removed. I would as i think you could easily make yourself ill or perhaps damage band. as i said i can drink and eat tiny amounts, i got pain by pushing last 2 mouthfuls. I intend to see how i get on and if i cant have a consistent amount of calories comfortably each day i will consider a tiny removal in 2-3 wks to see what difference it makes. I really dont want to be consuming less than 900 -1000 cals a day. hope you get on ok with whatever you decide to do and thanks for your honest reply. Its made me realise although im tight im not extremely so. good luck.

Hi there,

You sound waaaaaaaaaaaaay to tight, you should have no restriction on fluids whatsoever and you should be back to normal food.

Meals should take about 20 mins and if you are throwing up everytime you need a defill NOW.

Throwing up with a band is bad news, you can do yourself a lot of harm. You will make pouch sore, the band tighter and things could get worse.

A tight band like yours is not a sucessful band.

My surgeon would have a fit if I reported to him what you have here, please get 0.5 mil taken out, so you can drink freely.

Hi Caz

I was thinking the same. I have 3 mils in my 9 mil and have a good restriction but can eat solid food that fills me up for ages. I have not been sick and I do not rely on soft or slider foods. I would encourage people to post on the daily bands menu thread what they are consuming that way we can advise each other on good choices.

Hope you get it sorted soon Gaynor, take care x

Once you have had your fills and the initial liquid and puree phase has past you should be eating dense solids only. If it takes you 45 mins to have a slimfast (bad band food) then you need a defill NOW.

You should consume small solid meals and clear or low cal liquids only. Eating such small amounts will put your body into starvation mode and weight lose will slow right down.

We are not experts on here BUT p lease speak to your provider.

I agree we are not experts but common sense on this should prevail...all the advice given is good, so I hope you get this sorted as you might be doing more harm than good.

And worst case scenario of this is the band would have to be removed if a slippage was caused by vomitting.

Sorry if it comes across a little harsh but would hate anything to happen to a fellow bander...:(

Back