• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

real bad food day

teen

post op loser
OMG one of them days where I feel like I have eaten all day. and had far to many carbs

Breakfast yogurt

dinner Tin of veg soup (only way I can eat veg at the mo)

Tea 2 toast with pate on it

Snack pitta bread with quorn chicken and lettuce in

Snack 2 cheese strings

Snack nectarine

snack skiny cow ice cream

snack another yogurt

snack weetabix cake

and after all that I still feel like eating

Gonna have to get my head in gear I feel like after today I am doing what I did pre op and thats scary and I feel like I have failed. But once I start to eat I can not seem to stop

have any post bypassers had days like this 6 months down the line

Thanx all

Hi Tina hun, sorry you're havin a bad day :(

I dont have any advice for you but i didn't want to read and run x

Hopefully some of the bypassers will be along soon with some words of wisdom

Yes, Teen I have had days like that! A blogger I read calls them 'hungry hungry hippo' days and that is exactly how it feels. I don't think it has anything at all to do with actual hunger, I think it is a head thing. And now that you are further out and you can eat more and more often it can spiral out of control. You need to get it in hand right away. I am doing the 5-day pouch test to help break my carb cycle, maybe you should consider it. Here is a link: Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

You are not alone but it can get serious if you don't reel it in. PM me if you wanna chat.

Nic

It is defo a head thing as I havent felt hungry since my op and some days I hardly eat anything, and I dont think the carbs help. I will look at the pouch test and I am gonna get rid of all pitta and wraps for now

Thanx for the Info Nic and I am please that it just aint me

well I havent done to bad today

Breakfast = porrage

dinner = Tuna with a spoon of mayo and salad( went of tuna and only just been able to eat it again)

Tea = home made veg soup with cheese grated

Snacks = cheese and a skinny cow Yogurt

No bread only carbs were some sweetcorn on salad

Last edited:
That is more like it Teen! You had carbs today (porrige, veg soup, skinny cow) but the were more complex carbs, that is the way to do it hun. Kick those simple carbs to the street, lol!

Nic:D

White and fluffy usually means simple carbs (rice, pasta, white bread, potatoes, most crackers, table sugar). Whole grain, & unrefined wheat or carbs found in non-starcy fruit & and veg are usually complex carbs. Milk & milk products are 'good carbs' to an extent.

So if the food is highly processed (white bread) than it should be on your 'not very often' list, I don't advocate a 'never' list since I don't want to live like that. I just make certain things like simple carbs rare in my diet otherwise I tend to be naughty and eat too many or too frequently on 'hungry hungry hippo' days!

Nic:D

Thanx for that info Nic I havent had white bread or pasta since my op stuck to wholemeal bread and only had wholemeal pasta once

Back