• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you use?

nuttynicky

Hi all,

Just wondering what creams/oils you use on your body to help tone up your skin.
Also what face creams do you use?

Ive been standing in shops looking at creams and not knowing which one to get:cry: so any help would be great:)

Thanks
Nicky xx

Honestly I doubt any of them will do more than a little cosmetic work lots of money for some great creams for your skin but I think only hard work will tone what's to able don't fall for the hype unless you can afford it.

Thanks Penelope, Its too early too think of surgery just wanted some thing to help me along xx

I like Bio oil and Nivea Q10 for dry skin...I mix a little of Bio Oil into the Nivea Q10 for those areas on the body that need a little bit more attention.

For my face I use Olay tinted moisturiser and recently started using Vichy Aqualia Thermal 24 hour hydrating concentrate before applying as I was getting little dry areas at the side of my mouth and it has help to rehydrate my skin. I am told I don't look my age so there you go...

Coconut oil is great and if you shop around, it's quite cheap. Palmers coco butter is good. But realistically any moisturiser will do for your body.

Aldi Q10 face creams beat most of the really expensive ones in all the tests and their really cheap too.

Aldi Q10 face creams beat most of the really expensive ones in all the tests and their really cheap too.[/QUOTE]

I've just started using this & it's fab :) don't know if you saw superscrimpers last night but lidl's cien body lotion came out top when compared to some high priced brand :) x

Sorry by cosmetic work I meant the creams would moisturise at best so have that sort of cosmetic work rather than surgical. That's a route we all contemplate but many can't afford just as many lotions & potions are expensive & often no better than the basic shop own brand that's cheaper by far.
Moisturising our skin is needed post-op but not essential using a basic baby oil or moisturiser etc after bathing is probably just as good.

Due to dermato issues in the last couple of years, I get prescribed stuff, but it's also available over the counter (and I'd guess a lot cheaper than a lot of the expensive branded stuff!)

The name of the stuff is "Doublebase Gel", and you can use it for both washing (doesn't strip your skin of its natural oils) and afterwards. No smell, can be used on face and body, I'd never go back to any of the branded stuff!

Thank you all for your replies, i am useing palmers coco butter for my body, will go to aldis tomorrow and get some face cream xx

Back