• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What does this mean?

Daisyhappy!

Hiyas- Im gone mad for the threads today!
Today for my lunch i had a little cup of tuna salad with a boiled egg, it all seemed to go down fine and i chewed to death but when i got up to go for a meeting i was getting saliva pooling in my mouth like when you're about to be sick but i didn't actually feel sick and didn't feel stuck?
Is that normal? Maybe i ate the last mouthful too fast?

maybe just the egg and tuna together both quite dry, drink plenty of water if i feel queasy like that I drink lots of water or have a ginger snap works a treat for me just trial and error i'm afraid tuna gets stuck every time i try it so we all different just your body xx

Don't reach for liquid if ll make it worse. It's maybe you were full and that last mouthful was too much and did not go through your band hence saliva could not go through. It is called sliming

Oh is that what sliming is? I always presumed it would be actual slim not saliva. I think the way i ate the last mouthful and kind of got up at the same time to hurry to the meeting may have been a factor. Felt really weird but not absolutely awful, obviously not nice but you know!

Did you feel a tightness in your chest - around where your new banded bit of stomach is?

It takes a bit of getting used to but if you did feel that you need to stop eating because you are full - some banders describe it as the iron fist!

If you didnt feel that then it could be that you eat a little too fast or swallowed a little too much.

Whichever it was, your band was trying to tell you something lol xx

No problem crisa thanks :)
No maz there was no pain or anything at all, it was a really really tiny cup and i chewed for ages. I think i may have just swallowed that last bit too quickly because the girl i was with was rushing along. It went after a few moments but i had to stop to admire some posters that have been in the building years for fear someone would try talk to me :)

Trust me, you will know when you slime... It is actual slime!! Sometimes I get sliva in my mouth before i'm sick or before I start sliming.
You've got it all to come- oh the joy! Lol xx

Also, i always know when I'm going to be sick cos I get an awful feeling like really bad indigestion in my troat and a runny nose- random! .... But everyones different! Xx

Oh dear ha ha, yes its really important to eat slowly.

What Im trying to describe is not a pain, although some do feel it as that (maybe because they eat past it) its a tightening sensation. It has nothing to do with the speed you eat just that you are full.

Have you felt that at all yet? if not its a signal to watch out for ie stop eating - so are coughing, nose running etc. It all sounds a bit alien at the moment I bet xx

I finally feel part of the bander crew. If the surgeon had told me a week ago that he had forgotten to put the band in i would well have believed him!
I haven't told anyone in work but i was so happy today i felt like telling everyone! I won't tho because they all saw me do Lipotrim, lose loads of weight etc then gain it back and some people think it's instant weight loss id feel under scrutiny.

Yeah Maz i once tempted a tuna wrap and got that feeling half way through, i knew quite well that half the wrap would have been more than enough but tried to plod along anyway, if only i was so determined with NOT eating! Then i got that feeling just like you described and dumped the rest of the wrap and went for a walk which fixed it.

My oh is snacking away here and even though and not stuffed or even overly full, Im satisfied from my dinner earlier and just not in the slightest bit tempted. Oh band how i love you so, we had a rocky start but we're going to be great friends!

God sorry Im just as giddy and delighted with life!

Morning, im still on week 2 of fluids which ends on monday, cant wait to have a wee bit of puree food then. I get my staples out today so im looking forward to that. Cant wait for my first fill. The doc said he would see me in 4 weeks and im not sure if thats for a fill or not but i hope so. Have a good day Hx

Back