• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

bahia

I had my band fitted 8 weeks ago and my first fill 3 weeks ago. Not really noticed much restriction and havn't really lost much weight since the fill. Today went out for a meal. Ordered a fish cake for starter as thought its soft and it fish. Ate the fishcake and had to run to the toilet to be sick. Pretending I just had to go to the loo. Came back and had ordered pasta in a tomatoe sauce had one piece of pasta and needed to be sick again so pretended to have to put money on the meter for my car.

When I came back my friends noticed my food was untouched. Had a sip of some orange juice and couldnt keep it down. Had to run to the loo again this time said I had to wash my hands. Friends at this stage getting suspicous so tried one piece of pasta again and have a guess had to run to the loo.
Alot of it was saliva.

By this time I had run out of excuses so had to tell them I had to be sick. Told them I felt I was coming down with something as couldn't think of anything else. Rumour now going around is i'm pregneant. I WISH!!!

Any ideas why this happened??

Got home and now feel fine.

Oh dear!

I would say its probably a combination of feeling anxious and eating a bit too quickly. Which then upset your stomach so that you couldnt keep anything else down.

I feel like Im always banging on about pasta BUT it is notoriously difficult for restricted banders to eat and most banders are told to avoid it full stop.

Orange juice being acidic will have further irritated your poor tum.

A starter sized fish cake is a good choice with a side salad as a main meal but I doubt many banders with restriction would manage a starter and a main course.

I hope you feel better soon, maybe stick to liquids tomorrow until things have settled x

thanks maz, your a star. Was feeling a bit hungry now so had a jelly. It stayed down hooray!!!
Weird thing is my dietician said pasta is ok and I have had pasta before and its been fine

No probs x

It seems recently some dieticians are saying pasta is ok, fact is though it IS hard for our restricted pouches to accomodate. It will continue to swell before passing through, causing discomfort - maybe not at first but with good restrcition. Plus obvioulsy pasta is pure carbs. Protein, veg and limited carbs worked for me! :D

It's horrible isn't it, esp when it's mucus you're bringing up, I went to an airshow at the weekend, tried a chilli mince wrap and spent ages hanging over a fence bringing it back up, I'm sure everyone thought I was drunk!
Could you tell your friends it was a tummy bug, but you were too embarrassed to admit you had the squits? Or let them think you're pregnant lol xx

Maybe a long shot but have you considered telling one of your friends the real reason, it may help you get some teal close support.
Take care and be strong

BigDave

Thanks Dave these were actually employees so didnt realy feel comfortable as I know by tomorrow would be around the whole workplace and being there boss makes it more difficult

Back