• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What fruit can I eat??

Hi folks, hope you are all well? I will be 8 weeks post op on Monday and I'm not sure what fruits I can eat. So far I've only had banana's. Thanks Xx

Hi

In addition to Bananas I have had stewed apples and pears, I am nearly 10 weeks myself.

I was told to stay away from anything with skins or a fiberous structure, so apple skins, grapes and citrus fruits. Apple flesh should be ok though, in small amounts to start with.

Paul

Blue berries, raspberries and strawberries are nice. I never used to eat apples before my op, but now they are great as a filling snack. Take care of the skin though. I used to chomp on them as i did before the op and often it they would get stuck. Stupid me. But now I eat half and save half. Leave skin on but slice finely. Lovely And band friendly :)

I can eat all fruits x

Hi Im 3 years out and have good restriction, so what I can eat at this stage is very different to 8 weeks post op ;)

I cant eat oranges anymore, even orange juice doesn't seem to sit well :( the pulp seems to fill me too much after just a few segments, I then have to throw the rest away!

I have apples with no skin on occasionaly but I just dont seem to enjoy them as much.

So for me its berries, bananas and grapes.

Hope that helps.

Back