• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lack of hunger

Wendywoo2301

Hi, I am 2 weeks post op, moved onto soft food today, but I just don't want to eat, even when I was on liquid I'm not hungry at all, I think I am making myself ill cost I'm not getting enough in (shaking, feeling light headed, headaches).
They put 4ml in at the time, I don't speak to my nutritionist until Monday, any advice on what I should be doing.

I was like that too, however I did feel hungry - I just didn't fancy anything.

You are right you could make yourself ill, so you really should try to have something, little and often and keep the fluids up xx

I felt as you did in terms of not being hungry at that stage and really didn't get much in, having the fill at the time of surgery really does make a difference. I had mine at 5 weeks after, but at the end of the mush stage and hitting week 5, that hunger did start to kick in.

Before that, they told me to ensure that I was taking on lots and plenty of fluid, water, NAS, juice, etc to keep hydrated and not to worry so much if I didn't either want or fancy food. You can always call your provider - if you've concerns don't wait for ahead appointments :)

Back