• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens at pre-op?

saffrons

I have my pre-op assessment on Tuesday and was just wondering what they will do? I have been told i will have my surgery before the end of March so I am getting excited now. but just getting worried if anyone has had their surgery delayed due to something that has come up at the assessment? x

I aint a 100% sure myself, i have my pre-op assessment on 1st March.

I know that i will be having my bloods taken and swabs for MRSA.

in my pre op they were just checking i was healthy enough for surgery, so i had an ECG, blood tests, xray & camera down the throat.

But everywhere is different, what hopsital are you at?
x

Every hospital is a little different but I saw nurse, dietician, anaethetist and surgeon had weight and body fat measurements done as well as height, had pre op and post op diet explained, had bloods taken, had to give a urine sample and had a long chat with nurse and anaethetist about the op and after care on the ward.

I had my op delayed a bit after my consult with the anaethetist. He was worried about my breathing, so wanted to get me on my cpap machine first and asked me to lose a bit more weight. I was too high a risk at that stage.

Although I was upset at the time it was for the best,and I now have my date for end of April, have my cpap machine and am losing weight steadily.

As I said though every hospital seems to do things a little differently, and I'm sure a few others will jump in with info.

I don't think your op will be delayed other than if some kind of medical reason comes up, and I would think you would already know about it by now if they are talking about an op next month.

im having my op at Whally Range Manchester

hiya i got weighed and mrsa swabs blood tests and a forms to fill in about your health thats about it good luck xxx

As we say all hospitals are different, I had bloods checked, scan, xray, ecg, camera down throat to check for ulcers and chat with surgeon to confirm that I knew what I was doing.

ah well i have already spoken to the surgeon. mr Ammori removed my band and he is also going to take my gallbladder out. Along with a piece of metal left in with from when he removed my band, so i hope its just a few tests and i get my date.. im very excited it seems like a lifetime that i have been waiting for this op

Back