• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at consultation, when are the tests?

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hello all!!

Just a few questions, my consultation is 26th and op on 29th so i get all my info through tomorrow about the pre op diet i need to start on 15th.

What will happen at the consultation and how long do they take? Regarding tests and things do they happen the day of surgery and what do they involve, really just wish it was 3 weeks time lol!!

XXX

I didn't have a pre-op consultation. I had all my meetings before the start of my pre-op diet. I just got my date for the op through the post followed by my pre-op diet sheet!

The day of the surgery, nothing really happened to me. I checked in (Private hospital) told to change into my surgical gown and wait. You're not allowed any drinks etc so it could be a long wait. I had the TV but I just wanted to be taken down. Got collected and taken down to theatre (Walked down) and then laid on the operating table whilst they put me to sleep. That's it! Wake up in high dependancy.

Hello all!!

Just a few questions, my consultation is 26th and op on 29th so i get all my info through tomorrow about the pre op diet i need to start on 15th.

What will happen at the consultation and how long do they take? Regarding tests and things do they happen the day of surgery and what do they involve, really just wish it was 3 weeks time lol!!

XXX

Hi

At the WLSG your consultation will take approx 1 hour. Wendy will go through the form you will have filled out and your height and weight will be recorded - thats pretty much it because you have allready booked your op you obviously wont need to be taken throught the various options.

The only test I had was a blood test which I had at the hospital the day before surgery.

Good luck on your pre op! :D

I went for my consultation on 1st June, got weighed and they measured my height, went to see the consultant was in there about 10 minutes, got told i could have the operation on day case, went to the dietician seminar and recieved pre op diet sheets ( 5 to choose from in total ) and then recieved my letters about my pre op assessment and operation dates, pre op assessment is 24th august and they said there going to do a ECG and swabs for MRSA and then operation 29th September. I think all hospitals operate differently but my first apppointment lasted about an hour. Good luck with everything X

Sorry. I might have been a bit vague.

This is my journey so far!

Went to Doctors with a sore throat, he asked me about losing weight, I told him I had tried so he said he would organise an appointment for me at the hospital weight loss clinic.

Appointment at WLC, weighed me, discussed things, said he was recommending me for surgery! Had some bloods taken.

Attended a Surgical weight loss group, advised of different operations. Name taken down if still interested. Just a group discussion.

Letter to say I'd be considered. Appontment for hospital, bloods taken, weighed, meeting with Dr Ackroyd saying he would be happy to operate, bypass or sleeve would be best.

Appointment for hospital appointment. Bloods taken, ECG taken, swabs for MRSA taken.

Date for op received through post and then diet sheet.

Arrived on the day, more bloods taken. Waited for what seemed like an age!

hi pink daisy its as mazza says your bloods are done at the hospital if you can get there on the friday afternoon you could have that out of the way for saturday otherwise like me you will go in at 8am have bloods done and blood pressure etc and they send your bloods off to be tested and wait for results (bout an hr i think) xxheather

Hiya Pink

Ive just got my pre op appointment through.
I go on the 11th, it can take up to 2 hours apparently.
According to the letter I will be seeing the pre assessement nurse to discuss all aspects of my treatment. They will also di a urine test, possibly blood test, will be assessed by a physio and also may require xrays and ECG.

so lots of fun:D then the op is on the 17th ! I might as well move in on the 11th will save me petrol lol

Hiya I had the same experience as mixman however woke up in recovery ordering the nurse to give me more morphine and getting ignored most of the time untill i sounded like a parrot lol.. Good luck!

Clare x

Back