• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have we achieved?

Sarah Metcalf

I love Neens 'wish list' thread, so thought I'd start a similar one, this time focusing on how our current weight loss has done for us.

I'm down 2/3 clothes sizes
Can buy clothes from Asda now
Last Sept walking 500 yards up hill left me out of breath, I've walked it today without thinking about it
Receiving compliments on how much weight I've lost
Being able to hold my head that little bit higher

What about you?

Yay awesome!!!!

I can buy clothes in Matalan !! woot!
I can use the wii and treadmill :D
I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm 6 stones 2 pounds and 6-7 dress sizes down. Also down 1-2 shoe sizes, 7 knicker sizes!!!!!!!, 4 bra sizes, and several ring sizes! :D I can now shop anywhere pretty much, (and do , LOL) including M&S, Primark and Next.
Everywhere I go (even today at a funeral) I get compliments/amazement about how I'm looking.
I feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........eat!

I can now take a gentle stroll without getting out of puff and without serious back pain.
I can do up my own shoes and put on a pair of tights without the aid of a team of firemen and a block and tackle! :D

Yesterday I took my first gym session and LOVED it. This time last year I could hardly walk, was almost constantly in severe pain and in a wheelchair most of the time, and had to think VERY carefully about where I could park in relation to where I wanted to be.

Contrast that with today's gentle stroll with NO pain and no distress.

I am hoping to book a holiday soon and am looking forward to sitting in the plane with a normal seat belt and the tray table down.
I'm also contemplating buying a bikini!

I also have greater self-esteem and self confidence and am looking forward to the future and its endless possibilities.

And perhaps best of all? I am no longer trapped in a prison made by food and my addiction to/obsession with it. I make healthy food choices, do not over eat, and am looking forward to getting more fit and more healthy. I am also not overly obsessed with the scales because I know that as I make my healthy choices I WILL get to (and perhaps below! :D) target!......and if it takes a bit longer and I take the scenic rout? So what!

Well, so far my diabetes is in remission and that's feeling brilliant! xxx

No BP or diabetes meds (fingers crossed) feeling better mentally and physically than I have for years and they are just for starters ;) XX

I lost enough weight to enable me to have the operation I so desperatly needed!

I'm now pain free and feel fantastic, its the best thing I ever did - apart from having my daughter of course x

So far being able to walk without a stick for support. Coming off some of my blood pressure meds with the hope my kidney functioning will not get any worse. Clothes fitting better. Someone at work said today I was moving around a lot better than I used to before. It is slow and steady progress. Oh and cooking meals from scratch - I really couldn't manage to stand long enough to do anything like that for a long time - but I am still no Delia:D.

tranquil x

Well i am 4/5 clothes sizes down, I am off bp meds and emdema meds,
I have so much energy and fitting into clothes in my wardrobe i thought i would be wearing in the summer looks like they will be too big by then x
I feel great and i recommend surgery to anyone x

Hi Tranquil

I hope you dont mind me asking but I see you had a failed bypass, what happened?? I didnt realise these could fail xx

Hi Tranquil

I hope you dont mind me asking but I see you had a failed bypass, what happened?? I didnt realise these could fail xx

For reasons which are technical and complicated when thy tried to do the procedure they could not. Any operation can fail. I was very lucky that they managed to fit the band as the surgeon explained even that was dangerous but they risked it and I am so glad they did.

tranquil x

I agree with all the other benefits that you all stated.

I love having so much more energy today. Long may it continue. Can`t imagine ever letting myself go back to how I was.

This life is for living and I have spent too many wasted years feeling ill and depressed.

Never again I say!

Love Kat x

Wow, well done everyone! Your achievements are very inspiring! Can't wait to be able to join you. Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Okay....

1) I can walk somewhere without getting soaking wet pit patches within seconds..

2) ive gone from a size 20 top to a 14..

3) Ive gone from a size 22 bottoms to a 16 (although 14 in leggings and what not due to my apron)

4) I can do stuff without forcing myself to do them, i have a more positive outlook on life..

5) my biggest achievement yet, yesterday due to the weather being nice i went out without a jacket or coat on <---- My safe place.. I was majorly
nervous but yeah.. i did it! :eek:

6) General weight loss.. is an achievement in itself.. :)

Thats all i have so far..

Back