• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have you replaced food with?

The gym! I am obsessed with it now. Plus, I have become more of control freak with making whole food, healthy meals.

Good god there must be something wring with me cos I've not replaced food with anything! I.spent 2.5 years waiting for my op, getting my head round not eating much and it worked.

I can't think of anything I do differently.....eek!

I agree with Julie, I havnt replaced food as such with anything, but I have replaced junk food and quick fixes.

I am now enjoying making food from scratch ie my own chilli with fresh ingredients and always looking at recipes now.

I must say I am becoming incredible vein, always looking in the mirror when I get dressed to go out and I now absolutely love clothes shopping.

I dont think you NEED to replace food with anything, i still really enjoy my food but just take longer with it. Someone said to me pre-op, "you'll forget about food completely" which is totally not true, i still think about food, i still want all the wrong things and i still think about and plan each meal.

On another note i am listening to music alot, i did pre-op, but i think its more important in my life now to get more upto date music. I always have my headphones in. At the moment im listening to Alexandra Burke - The silence (great song).

Im also taking a lot more care of my appearance actually now i think about it.
I wax my eyebrows and straighten my hair more and am gradually getting back into make-up (i used to wear it all the time but in the last few years stopped).

I dunno, ive babbled but i guess what im trying to say is dont force change, let it come naturally. xxxxxxxxxxx

Baking / cooking has become more of an obsession now.I get restless on an evening but want something relaxing to do to replace the old binge eating habits, so i go bake biscuits, cake, bread, scones etc. I've become a bit of a feeder !
Work and family are loving it as i dish it all out to everyone ! I am officially a cupcake queen ! Hubby is going mad about it though as he is struggling to lose weight. He moans but as we speak he's just been an cut himself a slab of choc cake !

part of it for me is its because its physically much easier now. i can stand in the kitchen baking for hours on end without back pain. kneading bread is a pleasure now !

blooming heck!! WLS makes a big difference in the bedroom dept! pretty glad to hear that as im so 'no not feeling it tonight' since the bulge hasnt been tackled!

Shopping in Primark ! And browsing in clothes shops I wouldn't have dared look at before. I love that I can walk past Evans & Ann Harvey and straight into Next with my head held high ! And then I don't have to reach for clothes at the back of the rail either :D

Interesting Rose what you say about Evans and other such shops. I will be eternally grateful to them because without them I would never have had clothes. I too look forward to having much more choice but where would we have shopped without them?
They are the only stores that really cater for the overweight and it saddens me to see them so hated and maligned. Let's be honest where would we all have been without them?
(Not aimed at you here Rose but just an observation as I have noticed how disparaging people are in general on these forums about Evans especially)

Nothing against Evans... like you say, it was one of the few shops I could buy anything in.... but they are so expensive for what they are, especially compared to where I can shop now.

SHOES !!!!!!!!!

Oh yeh... I forgot about those !!! :D

Back