• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you replace food with?

luscious_peach

I really love eating :wave_cry: and soon will not be able to indulge. Especially with Christmas coming up, I am already in mourning for the food I will not eat, the time spent eating was always very pleasurable for me.

What have you post-oppers filled the food shaped hole with? I am worried I will go crazy :confused:

Honestly, food has become a non-issue with me since having my operation.
Like yourself, I used to enjoy eating hearty home cooked meals and time spent eating was 'happy time' but now I kind of see food as fuel, something to keep me going, rather than something to indulge in.
Since losing weight, I treat myself to clothes and other things to replace the 'happy time' I experienced with food.
You wont go crazy, you'll just be so happy and feel so much healthier that other things will replace food.

Edit: I didnt really answer your question. I think most post oppers fill that void with things they couldnt do before, like for me, its being able to run and not feel like im having a heart attack, or, fitting into a size 18 for the first time.

Lucious peach, you may have saved my life. You made me think, really think this morning. I need something to do in those spaces. And it came to me instantly I am going to start knitting again, in the evening. I need something to do with my hands. I'm at the wool shop tomorrow.

I think I may be spending (even more) time on the PC instead of munching! I was hoping that I would spend it on something a little more creative but hey ho!

Lx

I'm a total gamer chick so anything that amuses me and is a bit of fun like WoW, dash games etc , I also love dancing (even if it is round the house whilst doing my housework)
I also use a lot of hypnosis recordings to help me relax.
You get your kicks from different things don't worry...I also have my mojo back !!!! That's definately more fun than eating...I don't think you'll be mourning food for foods sake once you feel the change in your body shape and fitness levels. Food is not that great a friend honestly

I've always been addicted to shopping but now i'm even worse:eek::eek::eek:Also am addicted to the net like lizzieeeeeee:D:D:D

ive not replaced food and in effect i actually spend more time preparing it cause i cook most things from scratch thease days and savour every moment.

i have replaced it with sex :p
Do feel more sexy with weight loss so far and hubby has lost 5 stone so it has brought us closer together.:)

Lucious peach, you may have saved my life. You made me think, really think this morning. I need something to do in those spaces. And it came to me instantly I am going to start knitting again, in the evening. I need something to do with my hands. I'm at the wool shop tomorrow.

Thats fantastic Tyraboots! I was just thinking - what am I going to do with my time? :confused: I love cross stitch (can't knit :() and I have just got a really complicated one to do - hopefully that will keep me occupied for a bit. :) Unfortunately, my eyes are getting rubbish and I get eyestrain after a while, even with the glasses!

its being able to run and not feel like im having a heart attack, or, fitting into a size 18 for the first time.

Thanks Bex, so you go running in your 18's?:D:D Has shopping become a sport?:) I can't wait, but money is a bit of an issue.

I am a member of a gym, but only have the off-peak membership. I'm thinking I will have to become a peak member to give me something to do while my hubby sleeps in front of the telly! :rolleyes:

Any tips on getting his energy back too??

I think I may be spending (even more) time on the PC instead of munching! I was hoping that I would spend it on something a little more creative but hey ho!

Lx

OMG, I just don't need to spend more time on the pc lol :D I have found that since I started the pre-op diet I have been on the forums just reading and reading. It all feels just so unreal at the moment, although I did manage to get a pair of jeans on comfortably this morning that I couldn't wear last saturday because they cut me in half when I sat down! Still had a lovely roll though :sigh:

You get your kicks from different things don't worry...I also have my mojo back !!!! That's definately more fun than eating...I don't think you'll be mourning food for foods sake once you feel the change in your body shape and fitness levels. Food is not that great a friend honestly

Well maybe getting my mojo back will help with the sleepy husband issue lol :D:D:D:D (and he may well lose a bit of weight too hahahahaha)

I know food is not a great friend but I put so much dreamy time into what I was going to eat each day and have never been able to do that with my appearance before. I will probably turn into teh most vain woman in southern england lol (yeah right) :rolleyes:

I've always been addicted to shopping but now i'm even worse:eek::eek::eek:Also am addicted to the net like lizzieeeeeee:D:D:D

You go girl, I can't wait for my shopping to NOT BE ON THE NET!!!

Once I am post op I have already been planning what to do with myself to try and stop the head hunger. I would really love to take up dance classes and my hubby has agreed to come alone with me. Its something that I would never dream of doing at the moment as I feel so fat and clumsy and would be totally embarrassed, plus the fact that my poor knees would not be able to take the strain. I also want to take up walking again, I love getting out to the lakes. At home I have a business idea that I have been putting off for ages and after my op may have the energy to put into it and hopefully make a go of it. Lets hope that will be enough to keep me out of mischief..lol

Lorna.

P.s. I almost forgot that there will also be the joy of going shopping in "normal" shops so that will pass an hour or 10 a week...lol

i actually spend more time preparing it cause i cook most things from scratch thease days and savour every moment.

I'm hoping that will be the case for me too. I started cooking from scratch last summer - I thought that I couldn't cook, but my knife skills have come along way :eek::eek::eek: and I don't overcook anything anymore. No wonder I used to love takeaway! Actually, some of the nicest tasting recipes I have found in recent months are from The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. Low fat/cal/carb and tasty too. :eat:

i have replaced it with sex :p
Do feel more sexy with weight loss so far and hubby has lost 5 stone so it has brought us closer together.:)

Woo hoo Julie! :eek::D;) I'm hoping I get a bit more too (and so does hubby I'm sure!)

wow what a great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Its early days for me being 10 weeks post op, and I admit I have been frustrated at times after preparing a lovely meal, and then only managing 2 bites before I am full. This has been my excuse at times for skipping meals, or choosing slider foods so I can feel like Ive had something more substantial.

Only now am I getting to the stage where I am starting to enjoy food again, and am managing a little bit more variety. Still small quantities, but its improving.

Thankfully I have a full on job and a family that keeps me busy. Other than that I spend most of my free time on here, or catching up with friends. I have joined the gym as well and started swimming but really must make more effort to go.

Back