• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have your NSVs been this month.

mummykcb

I've noticed a lot of people posting weight losses but do you ever think about the NSVs, those non scale victories that just make you feel better. Well over the last 6 weeks mine have been;

1. Able to fit back into my size 22 jeans where i was previously a 26 and have no 24s, go figure lol
2. am almost able to fit a bath towel around me for the first time this year.
3. Been able to WALK my children to school which i havent been able to do since April this year
4. Gone Burlesque Dancing. wouldnt of had the confidence before.
5. completely come off meds which i havent done since 2007.
6. Become more positive about life.

Wow i am actually crying writing this list as i hadnt realised i was on medication for 5 years solid. How the power of positive thinking can be.

Mummykcb that's fantastic and nearly cried for you x the loss on the scales is what we think we are here for but in reality it's for all the things you've listed and more x

I'm 3 weeks post op and have fibromyalgia/lupus/rheumatoid arthritis all have pain and fatigue - I can't remember the last time I had so much energy no pain no headaches - I'm loving my band and life again x

I think the NSV's are just as important . . .for me mine have been

~ moving the seat forward in the car because I'm no longer forced back and being able to see daylight between me and the bottom of the steering wheel!

~ fitting into 3 tops that I bought brand new a couple of years ago that cost me an awful lot of money but which although I can now fit into them, they are already becoming a little loose lol

~ hitting the gym 4 times a week and seeing an improvement in the reps each time I go :)

~ not giving in to the "head hunger" and also, not delving into the "goodies" that are in the fridge for my son and becoming much more of aware of exactly what I am eating and getting a healthy balance.

There are some more I am sure, just not seen them yet LOL

Oh yes soon agree. Mine this month:
Not worrying that someone selfishly parked too near my car door again in the car park. Slithered into tiny opening space & reversed out!
Wearing new leather belt.
Fitting into my Mum's clothes.
Feeling so excited today as I opened my new Christmas Next Catalogue & deciding what I'm going to buy - coz it will all fit me now!

I think the NSV's are just as important . . .for me mine have been

~ moving the seat forward in the car because I'm no longer forced back and being able to see daylight between me and the bottom of the steering wheel!

~ fitting into 3 tops that I bought brand new a couple of years ago that cost me an awful lot of money but which although I can now fit into them, they are already becoming a little loose lol

~ hitting the gym 4 times a week and seeing an improvement in the reps each time I go :)

~ not giving in to the "head hunger" and also, not delving into the "goodies" that are in the fridge for my son and becoming much more of aware of exactly what I am eating and getting a healthy balance.

There are some more I am sure, just not seen them yet LOL

I'm not having to worry about goodies for my 3 kids as they only have goodies out of the house. they have them after badgers, after school on friday providing they have behaved or they dont receive them, and on a sunday at sunday school. They have had this routine for years and only have treats such as sugar free ice poles, rich tea biscuits or fruit as pudding each day. i found when i dieted years ago it was best for the whole family to adopt a better way to eat. The kids stuck to it, the adults didnt ooops. But head hunger is one that i'm still finding difficult.

Back