• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy 9 month birthday "Anna"

top_kat

My band "anna" (yes as in bandana lol) is 9 months old today . . .I cannot believe where the time has gone and although we've had a few ups and downs with it since the fill I had in Feb with some pretty OTT restriction and then it disappearing overnight so I could eat a horse it's all been rather odd, but seems to have settled back down again, although its quite hard not having restriction to keep within the limits that I have.

We are heading off on holiday this weekend to Cornwall, looking forward to tiring the dogs out with long walks along the beach and over the dunes which are right by where we are staying. But, how different to our trip there 2 years ago, when I struggled with the walking etc. I am looking forward to it this year . . .but then . .

I am 9 months in and just short of 9 stone down.

And the losses have slowed down (which I always knew they would but that can still be quite hard to get the head around!) but as I have had a really busy and stressful couple of weeks so haven't been to the gym or swimming for 3 weeks I'm ok with that too. I get the daily walks in, lots of activity which has helped, but it can take a while to get used to the 2lb losses a week when its been 3-4.

But . . .

I have lost 9 dress sizes and 1 1/2 almost 2 shoe sizes!!

When I bought a dress this week, I had to go out of the changing room to get the next size down . . .and then complained that the only sizes on the rails were the 20, 22's + and nothing under an 18 LOL
I've never had anything which was a 16 before! I've never stood there and said "OH no, they don't have it in a 16!"

I bought a top which does fit and its a 14 - I have NEVER fitted into a 14 either not even as a child/teen! I have bought shoes from primark and clothes from there instead of paying so much money for stuff in Evans. But its a nice feeling that I can now buy underwear from such places and can get 8+ bras for the price I used to pay for one! LOL

I can fit into off the shelf shoes instead of having to drive an 90 mile round trip to go to the shop that sells size 10's! I even fitted into a size 8 this weekend, something I've not done since I was at school!

But, more so, qwhen we go on hols this weekend I will be able to buy myself a deckchair for the beach and not worry about it collapsing when I sit into it, or making a show of myself as I try to get out of it. I won't have to deal with so many stares on the beach - and more so, as my son pointed out yesterday when we stood in the field while walking the dogs, when he hugged me his arms went all the way round and some . . .he said "Its lovely to be able to hug all of my Mum".

For me . . .that is priceless!

I still have a fair way to go and I know that I am particularly bothered by the skin already around my stomach as that is where I have carried so much of my weight. But as with this, I will deal with it when I get there . . .

Now, where's my daily satsuma :D

Happy Birthday Anna!

tealovingsleever

Ah well done. I hope you have a fabulous holiday. Well done you deserve it :)

top_kat

I hope so too . . .am looking forward to a treat of a cornish pasty :) well, the insides at least, I don't really do pastry anymore lol

SleeveGirl

Happy Birthday Anna!!! :) x

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Well done to you and Anna, lots of non scale victories smashed.

Have a lovely holiday xx

top_kat

thank you - and yes, I'm seeing lots of NSV - I even wore a pair of jeans last week . . .the first time I have EVER worn a pair lol

Yvessa

So pleased for you hun - you deserve every NSV. You have been massively committed right from day 1.

leilabeila

Reading your story is so inspiring, I'd often wondered that about show size, I look forward to it!!

Happy birthday Anna! Enjoy your holiday :)

Leila x

tubbytutor

TK you are an inspiration

Even when you are down you still manage to find the positive. I wish you a very happy holiday.

Purple Sparkle

Hope you have had a lovely holiday and enjoyed the walks in the sunshine - as a pre-opper (2 more sleeps to go), I have read your posts and found them great for sensible advice and inspiration.

Like Leila, I wondered if my feet would shrink - I have built up quite a collection of shoes whilst being overweight and my other half has said, you may have to buy a new wardrobe, but at least you have enough shoes. Am looking forward to sseing the look on his face when I tell him that I may have to purchase some new ones - hehehehehe! At least the handbags will still 'fit'! :D:D

Justine x