• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is everyone eating (Phase 3)?

BurnTheWitch

Hi Everyone,

I am now 3 weeks post op. Drinking more which is great, but still not eating.
Yesterday i had 1 Weetabix and lots of milk for breakfast, then tried to eat some smashed up sardines, but was sick. Then for dinner i had half tin of soup, and a small yoghurt.

As you can see i am eating very little protien, and really want to up my intake.

Any ideas or help?

BurnTheWitch

Add 1 oz grated cheese to your soup or skimmed milk powder these increase the protein. Are you having any protein drinks or shakes? I made sure I had 2 small drinks a day which I think gave me at least 20 or 30g protein. I hated them as they tasted so sweet but I forced them down.

High protein yogurt, total or liberte or Skyr. Quark cheese? All good.

Tinned mince was good at first, I used M&S as it was low fat. Homemade casseroles purée or mushed. Also cauliflower cheese. Cottage cheese or tuna with low fat mayo although not everyone can eat that.

Just keep trying different stuff. Oh I also had half a small tin of Heinz beans with sausages with some grated cheese for added protein - that went down really well with me.

Remember to chew small amounts and chew well before swallowing and eat very slowly.

I agree with @Hannah2 ! Although I had a gastric sleeve I ate all very similar foods. I added cheese to most things. I also had small tins of spaghetti hoops with bolegnese by Heinz. Also one of my go to's was mushy peas with gravy mashed, good source of fibre! Also loved tinned chicken in white sauce. Mash with a cheese triangle. X

Back