• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What not to say?

Mrs Z

I have heard (and read) the most ridiculous (and funny) comments over the last month and wondered if it's just me that laughs......

If you get loose skin just rub baby oil in and it will tighten up and go away.

You could have just gone on a diet instead of surgery.

Won't you starve to death if they have removed your stomach?

Any others? I need a laugh. It's cold and dark outside and I need cheering up.....

I know. It's amusing me at the moment so I thought I would see what other people had been told or asked.

Another;

But wont you have to buy smaller clothes?

Ha. Really? You think I didn't consider that?

I know. It's amusing me at the moment so I thought I would see what other people had been told or asked. Another; But wont you have to buy smaller clothes? Ha. Really? You think I didn't consider that?
if you just drink a bottle of pop a day it will fill you up with gas so you will not need to eat!!! And this came from a doctor many years ago when she told me i was like a beach whale never forgot that one!

if you just drink a bottle of pop a day it will fill you up with gas so you will not need to eat!!! And this came from a doctor many years ago when she told me i was like a beach whale never forgot that one!

Cheeky monster!

If only it had been as easy as a bottle of pop a day though.

"But you're not THAT big"

I'm well over 22st at 5' 4" i am(was) THAT big and then some!!!

"Do they give you your stomach back when you have reached the right weight?"

Yup its in a bin bag in my fridge just waiting to be popped back in sometime soon

"I agree with the surgery, but only as the last resource."

Ha! I hear a lot that one at the begining upset me but now is just funny, you are not asking for permission or anything and besides: as if my first choice would be the surgery...honestly!

"But you're not THAT big"

I'm well over 22st at 5' 4" i am(was) THAT big and then some!!!

"Do they give you your stomach back when you have reached the right weight?"

Yup its in a bin bag in my fridge just waiting to be popped back in sometime soon

Hah i have heard the "you're not that big" so many times!!

"But... have you at least TRIED dieting?"

"You know, people die from this surgery..."

"It's a shame you're gonna have to live on salads the rest of your life."

These all have come from the same person that sent me links to horror stories of people that have died from the gastric bypass. Thankfully i no longer have any contact with the person.

I hear things like
Dont be skinner than me
You have such a sweet face
You wont be you anymore
I have to laugh because I think those who have said this are worried that they might seem overweight when standing next to me!

LOL great Saturday morning cheer me up post :)

my original doctor who referred me (who i went to see about a lump) said well your fat LOL NO i would never have guessed that one LOL
Couldn't you stay on the pre op diet to loose your weight!!
Your not the same person (i really hope not)
and still i'm getting to this day 'why did you have the band when you've done so well already'

I find myself saying stupid things back grrrr its sooo annoying x x x x

LOL great Saturday morning cheer me up post :)

my original doctor who referred me (who i went to see about a lump) said well your fat LOL NO i would never have guessed that one LOL
Couldn't you stay on the pre op diet to loose your weight!!
Your not the same person (i really hope not)
and still i'm getting to this day 'why did you have the band when you've done so well already'

I find myself saying stupid things back grrrr its sooo annoying x x x x

I've just remembered one of the questions asked early on by a skinnier than skinny friend.....

Do you have to put a plastic sheet on the bed at night for when the fat all leaks out?

I've just remembered one of the questions asked early on by a skinnier than skinny friend.....

Do you have to put a plastic sheet on the bed at night for when the fat all leaks out?

Does she have to put a plastic sheet on her pillows at night for when her very lonely brain cell leaks out?

LOL - I do LOVE the classic 'but you're not THAT big, why have surgery?' UMMMMM, I am (was) 26 and a half stone!! (and that was with weight loss)!!

... People DIEEEEEEEE from those operations!
... If you don't take vitamins forever, you'll DIEEEEEEEE
... You're playing God!
... But you have such a pretty face, you'll loose weight and get wrinkles!
... What will you do about the SKIN?
... Guess the NHS will have to pay for the skin removal too (I shall not repeat my fiery reply to that one) ;)
... You won't be you if you get tooooooo small
... Don't go smaller than a size 16, it wont suit you (size 16 is a dream)
... You could have just stayed on that preop diet, you lost weight on that
... But who will I go out to eat with now?
... You won't be able to eat normally again (thank god!)
... You wont be able to drink fizzy drinks ever again (thank god!)
... You'll be on toddler portions for life
... You can still die years after the operation, as a side effect
... Oh, do the NHS pay for those then?
... So you're gonna loose weight and I'm gonna be gaining
... OMG, now I'm going to be the fat one
... You'll change too much
... You do know surgery should be a LAST resort? (UMMMM, 26st 7lb and lost and gained more than you weigh - I've been on some sort of 'diet' every day of my life you D**K!)

LMFAO - Just a few and worse still, mostly from the same few people - My surgery is only public at work, friends and family is selective few people xx

Last edited:
I'm giggling at all these. I think most of us have had them said to us.

Shouldn't laugh. But, I am!

I find them ALL hilarious!

Although I fire back when ANYONE mentions NHS funding! I bring smokers, people on benefits/not contributing to the NHS, alcoholics and the kitchen sink down when I get ranting on that topic, lol xx ;)

Back