• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What not to say?

Why don't you just walk a bit more? Was one I had when I was unsuccessful on another diet! I wish I'd taken notice - that person clearly knows everything!

Why don't you just walk a bit more? Was one I had when I was unsuccessful on another diet! I wish I'd taken notice - that person clearly knows everything!

Actually that is great advice, if you walked a mile a day, buy the end of the week you'd be 7 miles away from the prat that said that :8855:

Can't think why we have all bothered with WLS, a very skinny friend told me " all you need to do is not eat between meals". Why didn't I think of that before spending all this money!

Actually that is great advice, if you walked a mile a day, buy the end of the week you'd be 7 miles away from the prat that said that :8855:

Brilliant. :8855: reckon I could be persuaded to up it to 2 miles per day.

Can't think why we have all bothered with WLS, a very skinny friend told me " all you need to do is not eat between meals". Why didn't I think of that before spending all this money!

So simple. Feel like a right thickie now for not realising. :mad:

Keep thinking of more....

Will you sound the same? I know you will look different but will your voice change when your throat and neck get smaller. !

:8855::8855:

I don't use the words 'Gastric Bypass' when discussing my surgery and the result thereof, for one simple reason. I happily explain the technical bit - that my stomach has been disconnected and food now goes into my small intestine etc. The other day I forgot myself and with someone I will probably never meet again said I'd had a Gastric Bypass, and (this is exactly the reason I don't usually use the words!) she immediately asked me when I'd had my gastric band fitted ... FFS!!!! Are you stupid!! I said a BYPASS you moron, not band. I have to assume she had a brain band fitted to restrict the capacity of her cerebal function. As I say, this is exactly why I do not use the words ...

Would like to add that there is nothing wrong with having a band obvs, but that is not what I've had done ... And they only associate 'gastric' with 'band'.

Just popping back in to add a pre-op exoerience. I only told two people I was considering a bypass, and what did they think. Both said they thought I should try to lose the weight naturally. What the hell do they think I'd been doing for 50 years without significant sustained success, resulting in me taking drastic action. Grrrr!!! And one said "No, don't do that! We'll never be able to eat out together again" dowah!

Last edited:
"But you're not THAT big"

I'm well over 22st at 5' 4" i am(was) THAT big and then some!!!

"Do they give you your stomach back when you have reached the right weight?"

Yup its in a bin bag in my fridge just waiting to be popped back in sometime soon
Brilliant weight loss well done!!

I've been asked twice this month if my weight loss was intentional. Ermm no it fell off by accident. Most bizarre comment ever.

Pfft remembered another one

"This surgery is just gonna make you change your food addiction to another. Like alcohol or drugs. You'll see"

I'll see?? It was almost like the person's wishful thinking...

I've been asked twice this month if my weight loss was intentional. Ermm no it fell off by accident. Most bizarre comment ever.

LMFAO. I love this one!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Pfft remembered another one "This surgery is just gonna make you change your food addiction to another. Like alcohol or drugs. You'll see" I'll see?? It was almost like the person's wishful thinking...

Lol. Yep. Had this one too!!

And yep, people automatically presume Gastric = Band. xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Had a new one today, went out for brekkie and as per I left 95% of mine, I explained to the waitress I'd had a gastric bypass and the food was fine its just that I can't eat much, she asked me "Did you used to be fat then?" No luv I just fancied having my insides rearranged, then she went on to say "I can't imagine you fat"!! Bless her she was meaning it as a compliment :)

To be fair to the people who think gastric=band, unless you have come across it in their everyday live, they may have heard of all the other procedures. It wasn't until I started researching it that I found out about sleeves and mini gastric bypasses.

I think I would be quite happy if someone said they can't imagine me being fat as it would mean I had done the right thing spending my money on the op.

The thing is, until we actually educate the people who are saying these things, then they will continue saying them. We can all be an advocate for the cause, in true Wolfie style we can say Power to the Peole. Sorry for making this become a bit serious.

Debbie

I've had the usual, oh your not that big, cant you just move more, etc etc

But the best one........

Having had the balloon I must say I nearly fell off my chair laughing when a friend asked how they knotted the balloon, she actually asked if they stretched it up from my stomach out of my mouth, tied a knot then just let go,

The sheer stupidity of some people I just have to laugh at,

Back