• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what painkillers can we use?

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
hey everyone, im just wonderin what painkillers we can use, i have some anadin am i ok to take them?

my back is playin up really bad first time since my op, before my op i was in painkillers everyday for my back and ankle? i know if i cant use pain meds im gonna be takin some days off work cause everytime i move i wanna cry xx

Hi Claudia, as far as I know we can't take anythink like ibruprofen. I get a bad back as well and all the doc could give me was co-codamol.

Anything with Ibuprofen in so nurafen has that in so as far as I know you cant have them. And Im sure I was told to steer clear of aspirin too? Hopefully someone can claryfy this for us x

no NSAID's which includes nurofen and ibuprofen.

Paracetamol is fine for general pain, or if you need something stronger the doc can prescribe co-codamol.

My GP gave me some strong co-codamols for my hip and leg pains and I manage them ok. I know paracetamol are ok as well.

One of my teeth has snapped off I'm just about to try some co codamol,I always thought it was a presciption drug but they sell it over the counter in the chemist and it was only £1.59 :) I hope it works

guess im gonna have to get in with the doctors tomo if i can, i cant have co-codomol, had a reaction to it last time, thanks people xx i hate normal paracetmol makes me gag lol xx

I think the over the counter co codomol is 500 paracetamol 8 codiene and script one has 30 of codiene.Much stronger if I take two of those I am painfree and have a good sleep.Only thing is if you take them too much you can get a codiene headache next day.Fuzzy thick head!!!

I'm allergic to paracetamol so have to take codine - it's ok and I haven't had any side affects but I only take it rarely. When I first left hospital and was on it regular I did get constipation so please do be careful if you take it regular xxx

Back