• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What size???

LessofLisa

I'm thrilled with my weight loss to date (although I've gained a pound this week :cry:) but I still feel like a fat person in my head.
I look at clothing styles and think 'nope I can't wear that' as it's fitted.............
Am I alone in this? How did you cope with your head?

I'm a year post op and my head still hasn't caught up with my body. I have to take a friend shopping with me to make sure I buy the right size. The psychological stuff is far harder to come to terms with than the physical changes.

Im a year post op and all together ive lost 11st 9lb post and pre op, I still feel the same size, I get really down sometimes because I cant see what others tell me they can see, but knowing im so much lighter is helping me feel better about myself even if I cant see it xxx

This will come as you get used to your new body but it will take time. I am the same but I have started trying them to see if I like them. I promise myself that I don't have to show anyone. Most times I've actually been pleasantly aurprises.

I'm a year post op and my head still hasn't caught up with my body. I have to take a friend shopping with me to make sure I buy the right size. The psychological stuff is far harder to come to terms with than the physical changes.

I totally agree with you Paula. Taking a friend shopping is a great idea, maybe I'll drag my husband along :sigh:

Btw you look fantastic, bet people don't recognise you in the street!

Im a year post op and all together ive lost 11st 9lb post and pre op, I still feel the same size, I get really down sometimes because I cant see what others tell me they can see, but knowing im so much lighter is helping me feel better about myself even if I cant see it xxx

Like you I'm struggling to see what other people see. When I visited my sister in London a couple of weeks back she kept saying that she had to keep doing a 'double take' as she couldn't believe it was me................and also that the top I was wearing was far too big for me (I'd only just bought it and thought it fitted!).

Also like you I do appreciate how my health has improved as I take a lot less meds now and that I can walk up & downstairs etc without puffing.

Please don't get down darling as you have so much going for you x

This will come as you get used to your new body but it will take time. I am the same but I have started trying them to see if I like them. I promise myself that I don't have to show anyone. Most times I've actually been pleasantly aurprises.

I've been buying stuff online so I can try it on in the privacy of my own home but where I think it fits me, other people say it's too big.

It's a head thing and years of wearing baggy clothes I suppose.

I totally agree with you Paula. Taking a friend shopping is a great idea, maybe I'll drag my husband along :sigh: Btw you look fantastic, bet people don't recognise you in the street!

Thank you Lisa. People walk past me all the time. I have to practically jump out in front of them!

your right regarding baggy clothes! ive lost so far around 3 stone pre op and im still wearing baggy clothes mostly because I have not told (only 3people)many people of my plans for wls.so it seems no one has noticed ive got smaller!

I still pick up my trousers and think 'they'll never fit me' tee hee.

your right regarding baggy clothes! ive lost so far around 3 stone pre op and im still wearing baggy clothes mostly because I have not told (only 3people)many people of my plans for wls.so it seems no one has noticed ive got smaller!

I'd have noticed Los as I always notice when ppl have lost weight x

Lol I know that feeling!! I've got a pair of leggings on my bed that I bought y'day and have already convinced myself they won't fit me!!

Leggings always fit whatever size!

Like you I'm struggling to see what other people see. When I visited my sister in London a couple of weeks back she kept saying that she had to keep doing a 'double take' as she couldn't believe it was me................and also that the top I was wearing was far too big for me (I'd only just bought it and thought it fitted!).

Also like you I do appreciate how my health has improved as I take a lot less meds now and that I can walk up & downstairs etc without puffing.

Please don't get down darling as you have so much going for you x

Thank you, we will both hopefully see ourselves abit how others see us soon :) but its still a strange feeling others can see us so much different to how we see ourselves xx

This thread is good. I'm worried I wont see any changes (when they do actually happen) I always buy clothing a size or 2 bigger although now I'm running out of bigger options! :( I hope this thread keeps going on as I'd like to read other peoples opinions. I'm yet to have surgery so have no idea what the outcome will be yet!

This thread is good. I'm worried I wont see any changes (when they do actually happen) I always buy clothing a size or 2 bigger although now I'm running out of bigger options! :( I hope this thread keeps going on as I'd like to read other peoples opinions. I'm yet to have surgery so have no idea what the outcome will be yet!
so far in almost 2 years ive lost 11st 9lb and gone from 27st 7lb to 15st 12lb from size 32 down to 16-18 which feels amazing just wish I could see it in a mirror haha xx

Back