• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What size???

This is what caught me out on previous weight loss attempts. I still thought fat and ate fat. Guess what? I got fat. If only I'd listened when people told me I looked good. If only. If only.

What I wouldn't give to be my 'before' weight from some of my weight loss journeys now! This time round, I will go into this with my eyes wide open. I'll take any support going, I'll take photos, I WILL lose weight and I WILL BELIEVE IT.

Trying to force myself to throw clothes out ATM but rubbish at it. Keep thinking if I put it back on I will need them. think I've got a bit of OCD going on here. They say one addictive behaviour takes the place of another.

Trying to force myself to throw clothes out ATM but rubbish at it. Keep thinking if I put it back on I will need them. think I've got a bit of OCD going on here. They say one addictive behaviour takes the place of another.

Ive still got clothes in the attic that I had when I was a size 16 hoping id get back into them. There is hope! Im guna sell some of my big clothes because I WILL NOT be getting back into them! The rest I plan to give away and donate to charity! :)

Thinking big contributes a lot to being big.

Throw out the old big clothes. You don't want to look back, you want to look forward because that's the direction you're heading in.

You won't get big again, so don't 'allow' yourself too by keeping 'just in case clothes'.

So far I've given 5 black bags of clothes to charity. I have begun to throw things I have bought post op now too, weird as they are only a few months old. I saved a lot of my old 26/28/30 size jumpers thinking that I will use them in the winter. Well I have found that I am much more confident in clothes that fit more closely.
I see the loss when I'm wearing clothes, and feel really good. But without its another story, I look at myself nude and I dont see much difference! The excess skin masks my figure.

So far I've given 5 black bags of clothes to charity. I have begun to throw things I have bought post op now too, weird as they are only a few months old. I saved a lot of my old 26/28/30 size jumpers thinking that I will use them in the winter. Well I have found that I am much more confident in clothes that fit more closely.
I see the loss when I'm wearing clothes, and feel really good. But without its another story, I look at myself nude and I dont see much difference! The excess skin masks my figure.

Yes thats exactly how I feel usuallyjust without clothes but I do feel better in fitted clothes thantoo big clothes now xx

This thread is good. I'm worried I wont see any changes (when they do actually happen) I always buy clothing a size or 2 bigger although now I'm running out of bigger options! :( I hope this thread keeps going on as I'd like to read other peoples opinions. I'm yet to have surgery so have no idea what the outcome will be yet!

I can see the changes in me, I've lost just over 6 stones but I'm having problems psychologically seeing myself as a size 16/18. Like you I've always bought clothes a size or two bigger to hide the lumps & bumps and now I have to train myself not to!! So not easy!

This is what caught me out on previous weight loss attempts. I still thought fat and ate fat. Guess what? I got fat. If only I'd listened when people told me I looked good. If only. If only.

What I wouldn't give to be my 'before' weight from some of my weight loss journeys now! This time round, I will go into this with my eyes wide open. I'll take any support going, I'll take photos, I WILL lose weight and I WILL BELIEVE IT.

Like you before my op I used to look at old photographs and think blimey I'd love to be that size now and yet I thought I was 'big' then!!
Maybe we're just never going to be totally happy with ourselves??? If that's true then it's sad :cry:

I've just bagged up another 2 bags for charity. I've already given 5+ bags. My hubby brought all my smaller clothes out of the loft early last week (clothes which haven't fit since before I was married - 21yrs ago!!) and now they all fit!! I'm over the moon. I paid mega money for these outfits yrs ago and there was no way I was going to throw them out. I've taken them to the cleaners to be cleaned and to have the shoulder pads taken out (remember shoulder pads lol)
All I need now is somewhere to go to wear these classy outfits, so here's hoping!

I wasn't around in the shoulder pad 'era' lol if anything I was a tot but that post made me laugh!!!

My said clothes are from a size 14-18 and back then I was disgusted with myself for being so massive. I'm now much MUCH bigger and utterly hate myself. I'm hoping the clothes I used to wear will give me back the confidence although I'm not holding out much luck.

If/when I lose the weight I'm guna get me a sexy outfit and go clubbing and freakin' enjoy myself hehe :D

I wasn't around in the shoulder pad 'era' lol if anything I was a tot but that post made me laugh!!!

My said clothes are from a size 14-18 and back then I was disgusted with myself for being so massive. I'm now much MUCH bigger and utterly hate myself. I'm hoping the clothes I used to wear will give me back the confidence although I'm not holding out much luck.

If/when I lose the weight I'm guna get me a sexy outfit and go clubbing and freakin' enjoy myself hehe :D

Hey, please don't hate yourself darling. You're still a young girl with your life ahead of you and post-op you will def get back into all your old smaller sized clothes and I bet that a year after your surgery that you'll be buying a whole new size 12 wardrobe!!

The clubs won't know what hit them and you'll be the 'belle of the ball'.

Hey you missed out on fab shoulder pads and I'm sure they'll make a huge comeback before long!!:character00116:

I looked at myself the exact same way when i was a 14/16 now i just pray ill get back to that size madness isnt it! x

Hey, please don't hate yourself darling. You're still a young girl with your life ahead of you and post-op you will def get back into all your old smaller sized clothes and I bet that a year after your surgery that you'll be buying a whole new size 12 wardrobe!!

The clubs won't know what hit them and you'll be the 'belle of the ball'.

Hey you missed out on fab shoulder pads and I'm sure they'll make a huge comeback before long!!:character00116:

Thank you :) your comment brought a tear to my eye :cry: I've felt strong hatred towards myself for years I'm hoping with surgery, these feeling shift and I can enjoy a happier life with my husband and son and hope to have more babies!

If shoulder pads do come back, I will make sure I rock them lol :p x

Thank you :) your comment brought a tear to my eye :cry: I've felt strong hatred towards myself for years I'm hoping with surgery, these feeling shift and I can enjoy a happier life with my husband and son and hope to have more babies!

If shoulder pads do come back, I will make sure I rock them lol :p x

Your husband and son love you so give yourself a break and love yourself - fat and thin!!
More babies, oh what fun you'll have trying :553:
Shoulder pads will rock again!! :D

Back