• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to do?????

jinkles

Hi everyone. I need to get a grip!!!!!
My old eating habits have returned somewhat. I have been feeling really low in myself (work wise mainly) and have stupidly, foolishly turned to food....AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
I have put on 5lbs. I am still exercising though!!
I am not due to be seen again until january. I have just had another fill and seen the dietician again (3 and 2 weeks ago) I have 10mls in a 12ml band but still feel like I only have a little restriction.
I am struggling, and am relying on withering willpower.
I am thinking that maybe my band is in the wrong place lol!!
Maybe I should have a complete defill and start all over again?????
Sorry to sound sooo negative, just feelin really down!!:-(:)cry::sigh::mad::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry:

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Jinkles,

Hi there sweetie - firstly WOW girlie, look at your weightloss so far, that is amazing...:)

I have been having similar feelings over the last week, I think it is partly because the colder weather has hit and the days are drawing in.

I have had a weird food weekend and ate stuff I shouldn't even though I have good restriction still.

I think we are gonna get days like this, but they will pass. I sometimes mourn the fact I cannot have a blow out...but I have to keep looking forward, I have no choice.

I think we have to focus on the positives of what we have acheived so far.

I mean I have lost over 5 stone in a year...thats a great acheivement and if I manage to do the same by this time next year, I will close to my ideal weight (for me) and much nearer to the longer term goal.

We are all here for you, loads of hugs to you xxxxx

jinkles

Thanks Caz.
Could I just ask, what your restriction is like, what you can/can't eat, what your portion sizes are like?
Sorry for all the questions, I find that I can still eat absolutely anything. My portion sizes have been reduced somewhat but nowhere near now what I thought they should be (10mls in a 12ml band)!!
Jinkles,

Hi there sweetie - firstly WOW girlie, look at your weightloss so far, that is amazing...:)

I have been having similar feelings over the last week, I think it is partly because the colder weather has hit and the days are drawing in.

I have had a weird food weekend and ate stuff I shouldn't even though I have good restriction still.

I think we are gonna get days like this, but they will pass. I sometimes mourn the fact I cannot have a blow out...but I have to keep looking forward, I have no choice.

I think we have to focus on the positives of what we have acheived so far.

I mean I have lost over 5 stone in a year...thats a great acheivement and if I manage to do the same by this time next year, I will close to my ideal weight (for me) and much nearer to the longer term goal.

We are all here for you, loads of hugs to you xxxxx

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Jinkles, I can't help with your band questions I'm afraid but just wanted to say you've done amazingly well so far and you should be very proud! :clap:

Cuppacocoa xx

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
hello
first of all I have not had my band YET
secondly flipping heck look at your weight loss fantastic hun.
thirdly dont beat yourself up, you are already feeling guilty which means you know you are going wrong.
write down everything you eat (as you eat it so not to forget)
is the the qty or the type of food ?
is it that you feel you hav done so well so shoudl be rewarded with nice memory food ?

the honest first thing i thought when i read it was yes you can slip back to old habbits thank god for that i can have a band and eat nice things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fool what a fool I am thats why I am having to have a bloody band. I have not had my band yet but still insist that I cann eat crap you know one last time and all that.

think why you wanted the band and what losing that fab amount of weight has done for you so far and think what losing teh rest would mean.
All I can say is that I think you are doing fab and hiccups are human and I am sure when you get back on track you will feel fantastic once more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Thanks Caz.
Could I just ask, what your restriction is like, what you can/can't eat, what your portion sizes are like?
Sorry for all the questions, I find that I can still eat absolutely anything. My portion sizes have been reduced somewhat but nowhere near now what I thought they should be (10mls in a 12ml band)!!

Hi Jinkles, an average day for me would be something like this.

I always start the day with a cuppa, skimmed milk, one half sugar (silverspoons lower cal sugar), I find it impossible to get food down until I open up the band with fluid. Then half hour later I will either have an instant porridge made with skimmed milk or a small bowl of other cereal. Sometimes I will have a fat fee yoghurt too.

I rarely snack now but if I do, it might be a digestive biccie or some cheese.

I drink water in between meals and lots of tea (safe to say I am a teapot)

For lunch I eat soup, a hearty soup, whole can. No bread though, as it would get stuck. Sometimes rarely I might have half a slice of nutty wholemeal with real butter but not that often.

More drinks during afternoon...

Then for evening meal I might have salmon fillet with salad. Salad for me consists of 1 cherry tomato, 2 slices cucumber, some lettuce and sliced peppers, with a homade dressing of balsamic and olive oil with mustard and honey. If I have veg it will be 2 tablespoons green veg and maybe 1-2 new potatos.

I rarely have desserts now but sometimes I have sugar free jelly and very low fat ice cream.

I cannot eat anything with a cakey or bready texture, can only manage rice if in a sauce and only about a tablespoon max. Pasta I can cope with a little, about the same volume as the rice. But I only do this once a week.

I do treat myself to the odd sweet thing, like a small slice of cheesecake or millionaires shortbread but not so often. Maybe once every couple of weeks.

I eat slowly, a bowl of soup can take 15 mins, as I pace myself. Sometimes it has to go back in microwave before I even finish it.

Solid foods I make last 20 mins if I can, eating at this pace allows the brain to register the stomach is fuller.

I have 4.75 in a 9mil band.

I hope this helps. But please do not compare yourself to others, we are all so different and the way in which our bands work is different too.

You could have only half a mil more and you would get better restriction, its a real game getting it right.

I feel if I was any tighter right now I would not be able to get fluids through in the mornings which would be wrong.

Hope you get sorted soon xxxxxxxxxx

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
You have got some excellent advice here Jinkles.

I have nothing to add...except!!!

Congratulations and well done on your weight loss:happy096:

:talk017::talk017:

Love Mini xxx

Caroline101061

Hey Jinkles

Look you've lost 100 lbs and this is a blip! However I do understand that blips can be scary. Now Im a bypasser not a bander but what I feel is universal for WLS (and its been said before), the operation doesnt cure your head which is what got you the op in the first place LOL. It must be very hard having to sustain your willpower all the time too - us Bypassers have the aversion therapy of dumping which helps tremendously. What I would suggest is either some counselling and maybe some hypnotherapy - I have had both and can honestly say that for me, they were a life saver. Therapy is wonderful - where else do you get an hour to talk about nothing but yourself! Good luck and dont get down - you are doing incredibly well.

wildthing

I know how you feel jinkles, I've been feeling the same since the weekend since my ex husband accidentally sent me a text that was meant for his girlfriend that he cheated on me with. Don't know why but it set me off on my old eating habits and ate so many crisps and wine on the weekend, put 2lbs on when i weighed this morning so feeling really down today. Think we just got to put it to one side and think today is another day and time to start eating properly. I for one, feel really tired and lethargic today, I think cos I survived on rubbish foods all weekend...