• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Healing time after bypass

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
My husband asked me a question this evening I could not answer. I am a stay at home mum of three girls (11 and two 3 year olds) and my husband lives away during the work week and is only home at weekends due to his job. How much time will he need to consider having off after I am home? I really don't know how to judge after bypass recovery. I was up and running around the morning after my cesarean section and was back at work 3 days after having my gall bladder out. We don't have any family nearby so it will need to fall on my husband.

Wow you were quicker than me after my gallbladder I was off work for 5 weeks approx because of terrible internal bruising I could hardly stand up for a while and couldn't bear the dr to touch my stomach. By what I have read most people are in hospital for about 4 days. Some people are back at work in about 3 weeks but some are off for 6 or more. I think it depends on whether it is keyhole as well. Sorry I can't be off much help but I am sure someone who has had the op will be along shortly to let you know. Take care.

Thanks so much! My husband is self employed so I hope I won't need too much help for too long. If he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid.

Hi your the same as i was i have 3 boys 7,4,and3 i was fine after 8 days but i was great and running round after 2 weeks hope your op goes great x x x sarah

Thank you Sarah. That makes me feel so much better.

I was lucky as my oh works from home. I needed hima round for the first week as I kept being sick. Also because I was told not to drive, I needed lifts to the doctors. So at least for one week, then depending on you and your recovery maybe have him around for week 2, or part of week 2 - every other day? x x

Hiya hun - my OH had a week off with me and I spent the following week at relatives....Id suggest he has 2 weeks off with you and your children xx GL xx

Back