• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take abroad

wannabeminime

I'm having my sleeve in the czech republic next Tuesday. I am away for a week. I would like any tips on things i may forget to pack! Thanks xxx

I'm having my sleeve in the czech republic next Tuesday. I am away for a week. I would like any tips on things i may forget to pack! Thanks xxx
My list is as follows
Any advice welcome
Remembering we will have nobody to wash for us
Nighties
slippers
underwear
toiletries
medication
pain killers
dry mouth spray (boots)
towels
phone
laptop
skirt
pair of loose trousers (we may have sore tum)
some cotton tops
pair of compression stockings/flight socks
washing soap
bags for dirty washing

woohoo!! reminds me of when i went! soo exciting for you :) xxx

I needed to wear a bra when I left hospital I was advised to buy non underwired versions. More comfortable especially for travelling. I stayed in these for about 6 weeks before returning to my usual underwire bras.
I also needed lip salve but didn't take any. My lips were so dry.

Does anyone know if the hospital is air conditioned? If not, a mini fan might be a good idea.

I took my hair straightners........you have about got everything covered........Im so excited for you both!! Make sure you keep us up to date! Enjoy the sweet tea they have, its delish!!

A hair dryer to keep you cool Angee...your head gone a bit soft on the pre-op diet lol

Clair, is there air conditioning? It's going to be hot out there and nausea is always worse when you're hot, not looking forward to it!

clairyb said:
I took my hair straightners........you have about got everything covered........Im so excited for you both!! Make sure you keep us up to date! Enjoy the sweet tea they have, its delish!!

Thanks Clair I have room so I will take my hair dryer. Buck me up a bit after the op. I am able to take a suitcase as I have booked special needs on the flight because of my knee
The walk at Bristol is quite long to the plane so I thought it better to arrange that
Since the ortho doc has told me to avoid putting weight on that knee I have got quite paranoid. I am actually walking a lot better than I was on my last trip but anxious to preserve the ceramics

Last edited:
Wobbletogo said:
A hair dryer to keep you cool Angee...your head gone a bit soft on the pre-op diet lol

Clair, is there air conditioning? It's going to be hot out there and nausea is always worse when you're hot, not looking forward to it!

Well it does blow cold air so could be useful hahaha

I'm not sure about air conditioning....but they have nice big windows that open two different ways!

clairyb said:
I'm not sure about air conditioning....but they have nice big windows that open two different ways!

I have been advised to enquire about nausea patches - will do that and let you know

Sorry if my answers are out of sync but cannot see how to just add link on this phone (honest)

thanks, iv tried looking him as so far iv found he has the best rep but his site wont in english... any chance you know i would get in contact with him? x

Just as I was about to write my own list... Someone has done it for me. Thanks guys. Good luck with everything and make sure you feed back lots of info...
I'm going on the 3rd September to Dr H. Wish it was sooner! Good luck ladies!!!!!

Back