• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After care with overseas surgery?

elizaxx

Hi there, I am having my sleeve done is the Czech republic, whist I have done a lot of research and am very happy with my surgeon, I know that there will not be the after care that you would receive in the UK.

So for those of you who had their surgery abroad did you find this to be a problem, or did the NHS meet your needs for after care?

Hi elizaxx are you going with beautiful beings? I'm very interested to find out as i will have mine in 10 days.

Hello,

I had my sleeve last June in Czech Republic. I went to my docs when I came back and they put me on the required medications (acid reflux, vitamins etc) and they also referred me to the dietitian.

I have found this to be enough as I have coped fine on my own with no issues. I've lost 6stone 3lbs now and I'm at goal. See the dietitian in a couple of weeks then I'm going to discharge as I see my eating as 'normal' and don't need any further help. Personally I've not needed any psychological help and have adjusted fine.

Good luck with your surgery, I went with Prague Beauty- Dr Vrany.

Let me know if you need answers to any other questions.

Ali :)

Hi elizaxx are you going with beautiful beings? I'm very interested to find out as i will have mine in 10 days.

Hi, yes but I've gone direct with Surgal Clinic, but its the same people,
Ooh not long now, good luck :)

Hello,

I had my sleeve last June in Czech Republic. I went to my docs when I came back and they put me on the required medications (acid reflux, vitamins etc) and they also referred me to the dietitian.

I have found this to be enough as I have coped fine on my own with no issues. I've lost 6stone 3lbs now and I'm at goal. See the dietitian in a couple of weeks then I'm going to discharge as I see my eating as 'normal' and don't need any further help. Personally I've not needed any psychological help and have adjusted fine.

Good luck with your surgery, I went with Prague Beauty- Dr Vrany.

Let me know if you need answers to any other questions.

Ali :)

Thank you so much, this is really helpful and reassuring :) If my GP can do meds, bloods, and dietitian, I think I should be ok

Back