• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins do I use

ladylite

Getting prepared for my op next Monday and want to go out and buy some either chewable, disolveable or whatever vitamins.

What ones would anyone recommend for someone just pre op.

Need them to be easy to take as a whimp with pills.

Thank you Rob, I am still shock that my new life is just around the corner.

Normally it's 200mg ferrous sulphate(ironn) twice a day
1 multi vitamin
20 mg of omeprazole
and 2 calci chew per day
then a b12 injection every 3 months
but others maybe on more or less iron
good luck with your journey

If you're wanting to take a multi vit pre-op I'm sure any of the good quality over the counter ones will be fine. Post op they'll give you some special dissolvable ones and all the other good stuff lotsabeefy lists above.

Good luck with the op!

Multi vit - I'm taking Bassets soft and chewy for now but have special ones from the GP lined up when I'm allowed to take them in about a month. The soft and chewy are easy to go down and taste okay too - they don't contain every vit and mineral but are good enough for the first 3 months until you can take the solid tablets.

In addition to that you usually get a prescription when you leave hospital for calcium with vitamin D, iron, and B12 injections (every 3 months).

I think you only really have to get your multi vit now and the docs should sort out the rest for you.

Back