• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what weight should surgery be refused.??

lyndajoan

hi everyone i was just thinking about some of the forums i have wondered on to and had a little nosy, and i can honestly say this one is for me, what i wanted to know is at what weight do you think gastric surgery should be given one women was only 12stone and had surgery i really think in my own opinion that is ridiculous. what will girls who are 10 stone and a healthy size 10 or 12 be given surgery if they have the money so they can reach a size 6.????
some people seem to think that this surgery is a quick fix and as most of us know it really isn't the case.

I totally agree with you - I find it really hard to understand why some people opt for the surgical tool when they only have a few stone to loose... cos lets face it at the end of the day the only thing that will keep the weight off long term is going to be healthy eating and regular exercise and surgery can't do that bit for you x

Hi

At that weight I would assume she was in America, where the surgeons will do what you like as long as you pay, just ask Michael Jackson about that.

In the uk it is very unlikely that even in the private sector you could get wls if your BMI is under 35, unless there is a special reason.

Unfortunately there will always be people that view all sorts of wls as a quick fix and as long as there are stupid parents with more money than sense and Greedy surgeons looking to make a fast buck, there will always be someone wanting something done without doing even a little work to resolve there own body image issues. It used to be lipo suction, that was the quick fix to that extra stone before your holiday, now wls is getting popular and some will want that as well.

Paul

Back