• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What yogurt for pre and post op

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Ive just got a yogurt maker from freecycle and wondering if anyone knows of any recipes i could make which would fit within my allowences both pre and post op.

thank you

Not sure what type of youghurt maker you have but can't you just use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk.

If you want to boost the protein you could add milk powder or plain protein powder to it.

Sounds like fun experimenting with flavours textures etc

Good luck

xxx

Thank you, yes its just milk, natural yoghurt (to start then a small quantity of the homemade yoghurt) and some add milk powder and thats it.

I just thought there was some shop bought yoghurts you couldnt have when having wls but i guess as this is natural yoghurt then i can add puree fruits.

will i be allowed this pre op for example on the milk diet?

I would have thought so - because it sounds like its completely sugar free.

Some of the so-called diet yoghurts are really high in sugar (though some have sweetners) and can cause WLSers especially RNYers to dump.

You might not be able to have fruit on the pre-op milk diet - might be a good thing to check with your team and dietician before you start. Though I expect they will give you detailed instructions.

xxxx

Back