• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Green veg and fish

hails80

Omg I'm on day 6 of Mr El Hasani pre-op diet and I'm beginning to struggle.

I'm not a meat eater, so my diet has consisted of white fish and quorn. Today the thought of more fish is making me gag!

Was wondering if anyone has any recipes or ideas I could use so I can have a bit of a change???

Can you manage eggs not sure if you are allowed them on your pre op diet? Sweat off some spinach & garlic in a dry frying pan beat 2 eggs together & pour over to make omelette. Just be for fully cooked crumble 2 oz of reduced fat feta cheese over it & pop under grill.
Chick pea curry ( no rice though) dry fry a finely chopped onion & crushed garlic. Add tin of drained chick peas (good protein), curry powder to taste, chopped chilli & a veg stock cube made up as per packet with boiling water. Add fresh chopped corriander to serve. You can add chopped tomatoes too. Lentil curry (good protein) as chick pea curry but use red lentils instead of chick peas.
Whizz up drained can of chick peas, garlic 2 to 3 depending on taste, add small tub of Fage 0 % Greek yogurt, a squeeze of lemon juice, sprinkle on paprika on serving. Good dip for raw veggies, cucumber, salad etc.
Dry fry prawns, garlic & chopped fresh chilli. Squeeze of lime juice serve in large crispy lettuce leaves like wraps.
Hope that helps.

Back