• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whats going on with my port

chel82

hi everyone

as some of you know im almost 4 weeks post banding. on monday i woke up with awful port pain and swelling assumed id slept on it too much and it would ease off as day went on but it didnt and for 2 days it got worse until last night it hurt to sit to same point as early post op days and i was contemplating the drs today as was starting to think its infection

well today iv woke with no pain at all, which is worrying me more because its gone from extreame to nothing has it turned and maybe flipped back again, anyone get this or had this im such a worrier lol

hi everyone

as some of you know im almost 4 weeks post banding. on monday i woke up with awful port pain and swelling assumed id slept on it too much and it would ease off as day went on but it didnt and for 2 days it got worse until last night it hurt to sit to same point as early post op days and i was contemplating the drs today as was starting to think its infection

well today iv woke with no pain at all, which is worrying me more because its gone from extreame to nothing has it turned and maybe flipped back again, anyone get this or had this im such a worrier lol

hi chel sorry to hear that you have had pain with your port area, where is your port positioned ? mines in my chest between my boobs im 4 months post op and i often get port pain if ive been sleeping in a strange position, as it digs in the tissues and can bruise them when sleeping thats why the swelling occurs to naturally protect that area, maybe this is whats happened to you then its calmed after a few days.

liz x

You may find that as there stitched in to the muscle if you pull your muscles in the port area or lie funny, it will cause you pain.

im 3 months past op and still have a pulling tight pain if i do somthing that my muscles dont like but it gets better

Hiya
I am 5 months post op and my port scar/site are still sore on some days. Because like Honey, I had mine attached to muscle, and this takes longer to heal. It was the same with my hysterectomy. They cut through nerves and nerves take a long time to heal and get back to some sort of normalcy:wave_cry:. Hang in there, this is normal, and does improve in time, it is a long healing process.

regards

MNL:26:

Its all quite normal...I am nearly 8 weeks post op and I still get the daggers now and then...but its improving all the time.

Hang in there, it will get better...;)

My portis there too and if i lie on it whilst sleeping it hurts me too. I am 14days post op so I just expect it (my surgeon said itd happen). Dont worry. Take care. Regards R x

Back