• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP Really bad pain with port area

chezza1

Hiya all,
My mum had the band fitted in November, She had her first top up of 3mls on Monday. The nurse could not find her port to top her up and made her stand up. She found it difficult but in the end managed to do it. My mum started in the middle of the night with really really bad pain in her port area. I know she is in agony because she never complains about anything. Has anyone had this before. I have had a slight discomfort with mine from time to time but never had agony.

it sounds like needle trauma to the area around the port if they found it difficult to get the fill needle in, its probably bruised and swollen and should settle down soon.

i hope she feels better soon.

liz x

Mum went to see the doc and had a x-ray they said her port had flipped but she would be ok and the pain is wind...yes right it is!!!! she is still in agony but the doc who did it is away for a week. Just her luck.

Mum went to see the doc and had a x-ray they said her port had flipped but she would be ok and the pain is wind...yes right it is!!!! she is still in agony but the doc who did it is away for a week. Just her luck.

tell her not to worry my port twists to the right quiet bad done it after my second fill but they will note its position and know where to fill from next time hope the soreness settles soon

Back