• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats going on

Emma2206

Hi, not been on here for a long time, I really struggled with my band , lost hardly anything in the last year , but since May I had a fill and finally I started to lose weight. Lost 3 stone. I went to see the nurse a few weeks ago and she suggested a 0.5 ml fill, taking my 10ml band up to 7.75.
Well, now I can only eat a few mouthfuls of food, which is good, eating child size portions, which is also good.
Today though I fell asleep this afternoon after working a night shift and I vomited in my sleep, I actually woke up choking. Never happened before but I am feeling like its reflux/acid as I have that burn in the back of my throat.
Would you say the band is now too tight and it's causing reflux or is this just possibly a one off thing,
I've been liking it that eating food is becoming more or a chore than a pleasure , so I don't really want it loosened, but then I don't want to be choking in my sleep either!

Snap !!!!!! This was me in June 14 reflux ,,,it was very very scarey ,,,,,I had struggled on like that since May you need some out as soon as possible . If you read my latest posts you'll understand me.? I'm now gaining as I am too loose, but not sure if I want anymore fills I'm in a damed if I do and damed if I don't situation at the moment.... So I now know why they call it The sweet spot !! I'm still trying to find mine ! Hope yours gets sorted but don't delay ring your provider for a defill take care hugs to you x ruby x

Have a defil sounds like you are too tight and if it doesn't ease a barium swallow I am now having real problems with my band and it all started like this xx

Back