• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whats this poking out of my scar

christine77

i noticed it a few days ago it seemed to be the end of a stitch coming through one of my healed scars , when i looked again last night there was another one. i knew looking at them they werent disolvable stitched because of the fabric. so been to see my practice nurse today what a waste of time that was.

oh yes its the end of a couple of stitches , i'll just have a pull and see if they come out after much tugging he announced they were firmly attached to something - no sh*t it felt like my insides where being pulled out. but he couldnt leave it like it was so shes used a scalpel and cut the stitch off from inside - but since hes done it it i have a nasty pain coming from under the scar and am worried sick hes sone something wrong - should i phone anyone or am i just being paranoid ?

i cant really give you advice on the matter christine as my scars are healing ok, i did feel that they were itchy a bit but when i went for my check up the nurse said thats because they are healing on the inside,they seem ok now. hope you get sorted soon, xxx :)

I would ring the team at Sunderland it can't do any harm, better to be safe than sorry, Karen x

Hi Chris, did the nurse think they were dissolvable? All internal stitches usually are and can be made from a different substance to the external ones as they don't want them to dissolve as quickly.

When you said he used a scalpel to take it out. Did you mean he opened up your wound site or did he just pull and cut off the excess? It could be that these were the stitches that were used to hold the drain in situ. The pain might be due to the ends irritating the wound from within or just due to all the pulling etc. I agree with the others, have a couple of pain killers and lie down for a while. If the pain persists call your team. It's always better to have things checked out if uncertain.

Sending love and hugs
Rebirthx

Chris

I had same from the wound between my boobs, it was stopping it from healing so I trimmed it down with little pair of scissors (I'M NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD DO THIS). Eventually it came away in bath & the wound healed up.

My friend at work was just telling me today that she had to do same with 2 of hers as the wounds would not heal & a nurse told her to do this.

Hope you are well.

Chris I had this and just pulled it out. Mine came out easily. Funny how bits just work their way through to the surface isn't it? I'm pretty sure they are dissolving stitches because that's what they tend to use inside, then glue the outside.

How are you feeling now?

Grace xxx

thanks girls am fine today , going to have a little trip into durham to try and get some trousers that fit - sick of wearing my leggings . the scar has healed nicely overnight so just been worrying about nothing

Back