• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a newbie!

jema

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and would like to tell you a bit about myself.
I have been 'big' forever and I think I've been on a diet for at least the last 20/25 years. Needless to say, they didn't work....:sigh:
My G.P referred me to SRH March 2010 and I attended the seminar around June 2010. I have had only 1 other appointment and that was around September 2010 with the dietician and nurse. I was told I'd be seen December, but didn't get an appointment 'til April which was cancelled 2 weeks before. I haven't heard a thing since, and am ashamed to say that my weight is just creeping up. I am worried that the current government cutbacks will mean no surgery for me and seem to be losing faith.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who attended the seminar around the same time as me, or anyone who has experienced a similar waiting time.
Thanks and good luck/well done to you all.
xxx

Can't help you with SRH but want to wish you all the best with your journey, hopefully someone will be along with words of wisdom.

Keep the faith, they haven't stopped funding altogether so no reason why you can't be one of the lucky ones. xx

Hello :welcome2::newbie: i can't help with your question but wanted to say hi, you really have joined a wonderful site with a fantastic group of people :talk017: x i wish you all the best on your journey xxxxx

Hi Jema,
I like yourself are under sunderland but are quite a bit behind you- escombe road doctors referral august 2010-seminar - october.
There is a post on here for Sunderland patients to log their progress through the system.
there are members on there who may have been to the seminar at around the same time as you

Last edited:
Hi and welcome xxx

Hiya and welcome to the site, best of luck with your weightloss journey xxx

Many thanks to you all. I think I'm going to benefit from all of your support.
I will be here on a regular basis so that I will stick to my weight loss diet (just in case an appointment comes!)
It makes a huge change to 'chat' to people who truly know how difficult it is to get in the habit of saying "no".
Good luck to all pre-oppers and well done to all post-oppers.

Hi and Welcome Jema x

Hi Jema
I understand you must be a bit disheartened but don't give up, theres been a lot going on at SRH past few months one our bariatric surgeons is on service with armed forces, we have another one just recently started.
Rather than worry yourself why don't you give your consultants secretary a ring the switchboard will connect you and just to find out when you will get a new appointment, and contact the dietician if you are worried about weight increasing.
Take care.

Thanks to you all for the support. Just to let you know, I got an appointment....
:party0038:
I go to see Dr. Mahawar at Monkseaton Hospital next week, so fingers crossed everyone, pleeeaaasse!!

Fingers, toes, legs crossed for you xx

Welcome to site, Mr Mahwahar is lovely but I think they all are.
As for appointment do you mean Monkwearmouth hospital thats in Sunderland??
Monkseaton is up by Whitley bay?

Back