• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you stop seeing yourself as fat?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I've lost 5 stone now, and obviously I'm still very overweight but I've gone from a size 28/30 to a size 20. But when I look in the mirror I still see me as I was at my biggest. If I look at a photo I can see the difference but not the mirror. My brain tells me that my waist and legs are much smaller but all I can see is my huge arms, double chin and big stomach. Am I still going to be doing this when I reach goal weight?

I remember years ago I was a size ten for a few months. But all I saw was flabby thighs and stomach.

I'm exactly the same. Nearly 5 stone down, but I can't 'see' where it's gone from, though other people have told me they can see a big difference.
Think our heads take a while to catch up.
xXx

I'm 7 stone down and I still see myself as huge :( I know that I'm not as I'm buying clothes 5 sizes smaller!! But my head hasn't caught up yet!
I don't know how long it will take but I suppose I have become my own worse critic..... All I can see is fat and skin :(
Tasha x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm over 2 years out, 16 stone lighter and still think I'm fat!

Im 2yrs out, 9 stone down and just had a tummy tuck. Finally i feel slim x

I will always feel like I'm fat! I look at pics of myself when I was a size 12/14 (where I would love to be now) and I remember thinking back then that I was fat! I have always felt like that its weird!

Back