• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

head and body not in synch...?

Dell

I wonder how common this is and if it rights itself...

I've lost a good amount so far, I'm pleased with that, I've got no issues with buying smaller clothes etc but when I look in the mirror, I'm still a 22+ stone size 28/30.

I've seen recent photos, know its me, but its still not what I see in the mirror!!

Any advice?

It seems to be much more common than I realised. I don't know how long I can expect to have my head and self-image lag behind the changes in my body, but I still think of myself as a size 32 woman, although my body is a 12.

There's a thread here, with lots of people sharing similar experiences.

I'm with you on this one. I still feel chairs to see if they'll take my weight etc. But I've been big for 20+ years. 18 months is a very short time to try and forget the past.

I agree with this, I actually feel like I'm in someone elses body.
If you know what I mean,being once a size 26 and now I'm a size 16/18 and sometimes a 14 top of it's generous .
It feels like a dream!
But a lovely feeling x

I remember years ago I slimmed down from a size 18 to a size 10, albeit only for a couple of months and then it all piled back on again. But I remember looking in the mirror, wearing my new size 10 clothes, and all I could see was my fat face and big hips. It didn't matter how many times people told me I looked great, I just felt ugly.

It still happens to me over 2 years out - I still see a large woman in the mirror.

I even picked up a belt of my size 18-20 daughter and was amazed when it went round me 1 and 3/4 times!! ANd wondered why!!

My brain is definitely in a time warp

xxx

Back