• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When were you driving again?

6 weeks for me as advised by my team.

2 weeks post bypass for me :) As long as you can turn pain free and perform an emergency stop. It's also important you check with your insurer too x

6 days after my bypass for me

I'm a sleeve and I drove after 16 days. Everyone heals at a different rate and some are more desperate or need to drive sooner than other. Advise is 10-14 day or when comfortable to do an emergency stop. X

I waited until 2 weeks after I left hospital as advised by my surgeon. I think I would have been safe a few days earlier but am a bit of an "on the safe side girly swat". Lol. Doubt you'll want to do much for a week or so anyway so it's only another week of stir craziness after that to endure. Good luck. x

I was six weeks too as per team advice & because this was their advice my insurance would have been null & void if I had ignored it. Info a from my Insurance company. Most boring six weeks of my life!

Derby just say the emergency stop thing - at least they did when I had my op. I was driving 2 weeks later.

But as has been mentioned, check with your insurance. I've worked for a car insurance company and if you ring through a claim you'd be surprised what the handler can get you to mention without you realising it.

My surgeon said as soon as I felt ready, my insurance said 48 hours after having anaesthetic, I lasted for 6 days before I was climbing the walls lol

I was told I could drive as soon as it feels comfortable.. Tried at 9 days but still tender, tried again at 2 weeks and was absolutely fine xx

Yes instead of stitches I had staples and I be leave most have them they are not painful and sting a bit on removal but it's ok Hope the pics not to yuk
image-3815092500.jpg

Attachments

• image-4199959198.jpg
    image-4199959198.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 41
No there good pics.... I had staples on my last c-section they were so painful they had to remove them alternately over 3 days "( not looking forward to that... Anyone Know if Mr Ahmed staples??? X

Back