• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When were you back to normal?

Smallerme

Using the word normal loosely but I have 3 kids and a very busy life. Not driving sucks. Having no energy sucks. I'm wondering really whether to book the childminder for next week to drop the girls off at school. That way dh can drop them there before work and I don't need to get dressed and can go back to bed if needed.

Well I am 2 weeks post op (Band)still a little tender but now I am on Mushy food I feel back to normal, I have more energy and feel fine :)
Good Luck

I'm also a bander (5 weeks ago] but took me a couple of weeks to feel properly back to[loosely lol] normal.

Im guessing it takes a wee bit longer to recover from a sleeve? so I would say go with the childminder option if you can because the better chance you give yourself to recover now the better you will be in the long run.

Sorry you're feeling under the weather, thats a lot to cope with. Be kind to yourself and hope your recovery continues well xx

I already planned 6 weeks off work, with half term if we use the childminder next week then I can have 3 weeks before needing to do a school run. I think I will ask her as she's done this week. It's more money to pay out but I think I will seriously struggle to get them up there by myself.

Im exactly 1 week after having a bypass... and Im feeling fitter and have more energy than ever. I was told I couldnt drive for 2 weeks, and will stick to that... but I have NO pain whatsoever from the op, my upset tummy and constipation is sorted, Im still a bit windy but on the whole I feel VERY well...

I suppose it all depends how you respond to anesthetics etc... that takes the toll on your system too. My wounds from the op are healing nicely and have today removed the dressings to get the air on them to heal quicker etc... but they are fine, a little sensitive but no pain!

Good luck x

I have managed to do the school runs this week so didn't need the childminder. Some mornings it's been hard but mostly my husband is making sure the kids are ready before he leaves for school and doing to bendy bits (pets, washing etc) so I really have just had to concentrate on getting myself up. Oh I left them on school dinners this week so didn't have to focus on doing a big meal at teatime.

I've got a lot more energy, only needed to nap on Monday and have been able to drive for the school run rather than needing the bus which has helped.

Starting to feel frustrated at not being able to do the stuff around the house I want but will focus in the next few weeks on maybe things like sorting out toy boxes and my wardrobe. The little jobs that never get done sort of thing.

Back