• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When will the weight stop

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
I had my op on 7th April 2010 on the day of the op I weighed 18:10 as of today I weigh 11:03, my target weight was 11:05 I have been very lucky in that I have lost the weight very very quickly and look lighter than I really am but I was utterly gob smacked when today I went to exchange some PJ that I had for my birthday as they were to big, I tried on a size 10 but oh no I came away with a size 6!!!!!. When will I stabilise?? I'm still loosing weight, albeit slowly, I'm also on the waiting list for a fleur de leyes tummy tuck but I have never wished or wanted to be a size 6 I don't want to sound ungratful I love my bypass and would do it all again in a heart beat but I'm worried I'm going to never stop and i will be under weight or even classed as a anorexic :(

Msb you could be like me and have chronic malabsorption. This would explain losing the weight so quickly aswell. I have to really work to not lose mire weight. I graze constantly, drink with meals, eat high fat (fat doesn't affect me) and high calorie meals, and have ensure plus drinks on prescription for extra calories.

Try increasing your carbs, add in some less healthy slider snacks like crisps, full fat cheese on toast etc, and have a glass of water with your meals to sip. If you want any more info pm me.

If im honest i can eat anything and everything from sugary things, high fat things and as much junk food as I want, I eat and drink together and drink a couple of glasses of wine a night, I have been to my gp and they did some tests and said everything is ok but I'm starting to get a bit worried

can they test you for what shelbel has?... sounds quiet possibly you could have that hey?.... sorry im not much help, this is something ive always wonderd to,and i do worry about as i dont suit being very skinny x

I think I will make another appointment with my gp and ask to be tested again just to be safe :) thank you shelbel I don't feel such a freak now :)

Sounds like a good idea to see the GP again. Atleastif you do have what Shelbel has you will be better off knowing sooner rather than later :D Good Luck hun XX

Definitely sounds like chronic malabsorption then if you're able to eat like that and still losing. There isn't any test for it, they just have to look at what you are eating and your weight loss pattern. Ideally your team at the manor should see you and give you more advice, but I know that's not likely to happen.

Ask your gp about ensure plus or similar, they have around 300calories per carton so it's a great top up, and they taste good too. Aside from that, keep snacking, eat as much as you can, and keep an eye on things. Chronic malabsorption makes you 'Gastro Intestinally (GI) Compromised' which is one of the medical problems things like ensure are for, so your Gp should be fine prescribing them. It is something you need to get a handle on now, cos if you're like me you'll find that a cold or tummy bug will see you drop 1/2 a stone which then takes forever to get back, so you need to have some flexibility with your weight were you are ok to drop some temporarily.

Back