• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats your dream weight?

Unhappy - 14 stone

Acceptable - 13 stone

Happy - 11.5 stone

Dream - 10.5 stone (slightly unrealistic but hey, a girl can dream!!! I know I'd be happy at around 12)

wow ive never known anyone have wls thats only needed to lose 3.5 stone.

new one on me ! :eek:

ooops i appoligise i miss read the actual 1st Q of the thread of un happy weight i took it as starting weight i send my sincere appoligies megg my fault dis regard the above post ! got a blonde moment on there soz x

soz im stupid x

kick my ass lol

liz x

Last edited:
I have been having counselling to help me deal with many aspects of my life including my weight & food issues and among other things that have come out of it is a realisation that I need to give my self " room to move " within the final weight I choose but that I also need to decide on a marker weight that I will tell myself I will never go above again.
my counsellor suggested I pick 4 weights to work towards and use to help me they are as follows

Unhappy weight - a weight that once I pass it I promise myself I will never go above again

Acceptable Weight - a weight that I can go up-to when and if I have to such as illness or on holiday

Happy weight - The weight I would be very happy to be and where I think I could live at

Dream Weight - If I could really achieve my dream and get to a special weight it would be this weight.

Mine are as follows
Unhappy - 14st
Acceptable - 12 1/2st
Happy - 11 1/2st
Dream - 10st2lbs
I wanted to post this as I talked to another Mini about it and they told me what a great idea it would be to share this, I’ve also shared this with a couple of friends who are not doing WLS route and they have taken it to their hearts and have set their own goals along these lines.

Anyway thats my journey xxx

I love this idea...your counsellor sounds great and in tune with you.

I'll have to think about my answers a bit as I don't have an ideal weight in my minds eye...but more a visual size...a real 12 perhaps...

{hugs}

{hug}

Unhappy: 241lb (17st .2lb)
Acceptable: 180lbs (12st.8lb)
Happy: 140lbs (10st)
Dream: 112lbs (8st)

Thank you MrsCakeyBun for this wonderful thread and thank you PhatGirl for bumping it up again.

{hugs}

Last edited:
Fascinating how many of us have a dream weight in the 11-12 stone zone. I'm 5ft 10 and that's my dream range too.

We should all meet in long tall sally for a shopping frenzy if we ever get there

yoyo
x

Unhappy: 175 lbs (12st7lbs)
Acceptable: 150 lbs (10st10lbs)
Happy: 135 lbs (9st9lbs)
Dream: 115 lbs (8st3lbs)

wow ive never known anyone have wls thats only needed to lose 3.5 stone.

new one on me ! :eek:

haha three and a half stone. I wish!!!!! Oh and arse-kicking coming your way!!!!! ;-)

Unhappy: 175 lbs (12st7lbs)
Acceptable: 150 lbs (10st10lbs)
Happy: 135 lbs (9st9lbs)
Dream: 115 lbs (8st3lbs)

Hi Fashionably Late

I just seen that we have very similar stats. Yours says that you want to achieve your goal by Christmas 2010 and mine says Christmas 2009...I think I was a bit optimistic, don't you?..Oh well, a girl can dream!

Let me know how you doing.

{hugs}

Unhappy - 288lb= 20st 8lb :cry:
Acceptable - 154lb= 11st :(
Happy - 140lb=10st :)
Dream - 133lb 9st 7lb:)

Hi Fashionably Late

I just seen that we have very similar stats. Yours says that you want to achieve your goal by Christmas 2010 and mine says Christmas 2009...I think I was a bit optimistic, don't you?..Oh well, a girl can dream!

Let me know how you doing.

{hugs}

Definitely! I just noticed we are even the same height. I just would love to be thinner when I go home for Thanksgiving 2010.

OK

Unacceptable: 14 st 7lb
Acceptable: 12st 7lb
Happy 11st 7lb
Dream 10st 3lb!
The dream weight was a WW goal given to me when I was 16. The lightest I ever stepped on the scales was 10st 8lb... I might have gotten to the 10st 3lb but I never actually saw it on the scales.

At rock bottom it was 21st llb. I'm confident that I'll never see that weight again, but, presently I'm 7lb over 'unacceptable'. Since WLS I've been as low as 14st 1lb, but have let it slide with copious amounts of cheese, wine and ice cream of late. Shows what happens when you become lazy and complacent, not cooking for yourself and just eating crapola from the fridge!

However I'm only 2.5st from acceptable, so I'm not complaining.... Although such a short way to go can seem really long when you keep taking detours!

Cool , I missed this thread first time around :)
A Living Hell: 25 st 4lbs (roughly where I started)
Unacceptable: 16 st 3lb ( what I am now )
Acceptable: 11st 0lb (will still be podgy for my height but about size 16 so at least look average /plump/normal)
Happy 9 st 7lb
Dream between 8 st 10lb & 9stone exactly.
I am 5'2" and small frame so that's about right and a size 10/12. I last weighed that at age 21 so I'm not sure if I can achieve that again with the excess skin factor...however, it's up to me to exercise and keep the metabolism revved..I could maybe settle between 9 and 10 and be very happy with that. Life has been on hold for well over a decade so I'm hoping to catch up now :)

i like this thread, altho im going to be a bit different here and do dress sizes instead, as that is what im personally goin gon rather then Stones etc

Unacceptable: size 24-28
Acceptable: 18
Happy: 14-16
Dream 10-12

:)

Back