• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats your dream weight?

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
I have been having counselling to help me deal with many aspects of my life including my weight & food issues and among other things that have come out of it is a realisation that I need to give my self " room to move " within the final weight I choose but that I also need to decide on a marker weight that I will tell myself I will never go above again.
my counsellor suggested I pick 4 weights to work towards and use to help me they are as follows

Unhappy weight - a weight that once I pass it I promise myself I will never go above again

Acceptable Weight - a weight that I can go up-to when and if I have to such as illness or on holiday

Happy weight - The weight I would be very happy to be and where I think I could live at

Dream Weight - If I could really achieve my dream and get to a special weight it would be this weight.

Mine are as follows
Unhappy - 14st
Acceptable - 12 1/2st
Happy - 11 1/2st
Dream - 10st2lbs
I wanted to post this as I talked to another Mini about it and they told me what a great idea it would be to share this, I’ve also shared this with a couple of friends who are not doing WLS route and they have taken it to their hearts and have set their own goals along these lines.

Anyway thats my journey xxx

A good post Wanda and an eminently sensible 'dream' to follow.

There is so much pressure in modern life to conform to a size 'this' or a weight 'that' that who or what we really are and should be to *ourselves* is lost.

I think the four steps you have illustrated above are great yardsticks by which one can find the real 'me' and live within them.

Thanks Red....I m sure thats why this will help me as it is much more about being true to myself and working towrds ahievable goals and not giving myself a noose to hang myself with if I go up 2 or 3 pounds...its about dealing and banishing guilt too xx

I think this is a great idea. Many years ago I had a dress that I wore and used as a guage as to whether I needed to watch my eating again. It worked really well until it fell to pieces!! I don't think it would even go over my head now!

Thats quite an interesting and worthwhile thing to do I think. I've weighed myself this morning and I'm 20 st, which of course is still enormous but having been 24.11 st on the 5th of Jan, is a decent achievement for me. I'm 5,7.5" and have a big frame or 'big boned', a term which I hate, but know from way back even when I was slim in my days of wearing a size 10 - 14, I still weighed heavier on the scales than you would expect. The last time I felt happy with my shape and size I was a size 14 and I probably weighed about 13ish st. When I got married, I was 17 st and wore a 22. I'm currently wearing 28 in tops and 26 in trousers.
I've a way to go but it might look as follows

Unhappy - 15st :cry:
Acceptable - 13.7 st :confused:
Happy - 12 st :)
Dream - 11.7st :D

I would like to get back to my pre baby weight which was 10 stone which for my height 5ft2in is still overweight but I was happy at that and a size 10/12

iv been over20st most of my adult life so for me

unhappy over 20st
happy anything under^^^

my goal weight is 14stone

dream weight if tummytucks were available in my area 11 and half stone

great post wanda ....

im 6ft2 26 st ish .. bmi of 50.1

i can not rem the last time i was under 20 st ..
i think i would like to be around 17 1/2 stone but i have a feeling i could get smaller than that and i dont want to be really small ..

im a big fella and always have been i dont think i wana be super small.

my idea weight is 13.5 but i dont wana be anywhere near that.
i would like to maintain above 17. so i hope this is possible.

Thanks Guys...

I think its so important to be realistic about the weights we are aiming for and also how we intend to stay at them and what sort of leeway we intend to give ourselves too.

I know that in the past I have obsessed with loosing weight not with what weight I would be happy being....thats what gave me so so many issues with guilt surrounding food and lead to obsessive & secretive eating habits that ruined my life in the end. After all if diets really worked I would be 10st and not having just had WLS. :D

Great thread Wanda, I think I would be happy at 11 stone and unhappy if ever I was to go over 15 stone once I get under it.

Lovely idea Wanda. I gave it some thought and this is what I think works for me. I know that I want to never be over a 30 BMI (obese) again but I am not sure that my 'ideal weight' will be easy to maintain so I have set myself a happy goal between my ideal & less than 30 BMI.

Unhappy - 186lbs or 13st4 = BMI of 30
Acceptable - 178lbs or 12st9
Happy - 170lbs or 12s2
Dream - 155lbs or 11st1 = BMI 24.5

Thanks for the great post!

Nic:):):)

unhappy 14st 7

acceptable 13st 7

happy 12st 7 (which is my target right now as i reached that weight with my 1st band and was more than happy)

dream 11st (which i realistically know i will never achieve.)

hmm, good one. I am still not sure about any of these. Will have to give it a thought
:confused:

brilliant idea!!! im not quite sure as still being pre-op any loss is wonderful! i cant wait to get under 20 stone though ive not been under that for years anyhow i think these may be my figures....
unhappy - 14.5 stone
acceptable 13.5 stone
happy 12 stone
dream 11 stone

mmm will have to have another look at these a few months after my op!
x

Thanks Guys...

I think its so important to be realistic about the weights we are aiming for and also how we intend to stay at them and what sort of leeway we intend to give ourselves too.

I know that in the past I have obsessed with loosing weight not with what weight I would be happy being....thats what gave me so so many issues with guilt surrounding food and lead to obsessive & secretive eating habits that ruined my life in the end. After all if diets really worked I would be 10st and not having just had WLS. :D

Hi Wanda
what a fantastic, positive way to focus our minds on! We have all probably spent all of our lives focusing and stressing about our weight and now the pressure is off and now those of us who have had the wls have not got to worry about the weight coming off and staying off so much. I know for me, I always was on a high when losing and then I used to get depressed when I would gain it again....... somehow now, this seems to be mad now that it is going to come off and stay off *hopefully* as long as i look after my pouch and health!!

Unhappy 14 stone :(
Acceptable 13 stone :confused:
Happy 12 stone :)
Dream 10 stone :D :D :D :D

How are you doing now?

xxxx

not doing bad thanks babe, still get tired very easily and struggling to drink as much "food" as I should but feeling good about myself....especially as just bought a dress and a skirt in new look for my holiday in 5 weeks time....currently snug but wont be by then lol....its so so nice to know I will never ever be the big fat one again :party0011: and this will be the last holiday that I have to struggle to find clothes that fit

Back