• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where can I find health board criteria for surgery?

purple_rain

Hi everyone, long time since I've been here!! Was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find the criteria that my health authority set for gastric banding and whether they have to publish it for all to see?

I can only find it for my neighbouring health board, so might have to move house lol!!xx

Thanks its an interesting website. At least if I get turned down again I know the procedure to follow and theres some good contacts on there too.

So aggrevating that if I lived a few miles down the road I know I would fit the criteria!!xx

Thanks its an interesting website. At least if I get turned down again I know the procedure to follow and theres some good contacts on there too.

So aggrevating that if I lived a few miles down the road I know I would fit the criteria!!xx

Change your GP to one in the other PCT.
It's the PCT the GP is under who funds the op not the PCT area you live in.
Hope that makes sense

Can I do that? I thought you had to be registered with a health board that corresponded to where you lived? It was something I was considering doing, but thought I would have to be underhand about it.xx

Can I do that? I thought you had to be registered with a health board that corresponded to where you lived? It was something I was considering doing, but thought I would have to be underhand about it.xx

If you live within the Gp's catchment area be underhanded :D
Sometimes it's got to be done

Don't forget you will have to get to that GP if you are ill so it's no good if its a journey that will need you to take 4 buses

I definitely agree. The bonus is my old doc surgery is just down the road from my mum in law and I am there nearly every day in term time. Might have to be done! Blinking post code lottery xx

If i lived in my old area i would've got it on NHS but where i live i would've had to have had a BMI of over 60 just to even be considered. Hence why i went privately as i would've never got the help i needed

Its crazy really isn't it. My doctor nd myself were discussing it today and she even thinks it is, said I would clearly benefit from it too. If I could afford to go private I would do it tomorrow but unfortunately I can't. I've asked close family if they can help but at the moment no one is in the position to. I will get the surgery some how, not giving up this time!xx

Its crazy really isn't it. My doctor nd myself were discussing it today and she even thinks it is, said I would clearly benefit from it too. If I could afford to go private I would do it tomorrow but unfortunately I can't. I've asked close family if they can help but at the moment no one is in the position to. I will get the surgery some how, not giving up this time!xx

Change your GP as soon as possible as PCT's are suppose to be disbanding in April and who knows what that means to the system

Back