• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newie!

EZE

Hi All,
I have been reading these forums for a while but never bothered joining as i hadnt actually got that far, been referred to weight loss clinic but other health issues came up 1st ( so to speak) but i have now been referred by sandwell health authority ( weight management clinic) to Heartlands hosopital to see a Mr Super (think thats correct anyway). Obv its early days but i was wondering if anyone can give me any hints as to how long the appoinment takes to come through and what happens from there etc.....I am being told the gastric band is the best option for myself. I have been checking this site out for a while and it seems really good lots of support etc!!

HI and welcome to minis....I would always advise chasing up the appointments as letters get lost in the post....also you can tell them you would be available at short notice for any cancellations it might help...good luck xx

hi eze - just to a quickie to say hi, there are quite a few of us from the same sort of area, birmingham north, sandwell, walsall but we are at walsall manor cause we are having bypasses and Mr Super only does banding. Have a look at the wm posse thread and say hello there too. Did you choose heartlands hospital or walsall manor? Did you want a band or a bypass? Sorry so many questions lol,

HI,
I was told i would be referred to Heartlands by Dr Hughes the consultant i was under at sandwell hospital, she also gave me the name dr Super as well, she advised that she would be suggesting the band as she felt the bypass was not really nec, i only saw her last thursday so it is very early days but i need to have this done to help me get down to a target weight so i can have another operation done to remove the skin left over from a hernia repair i had done last year ( have been trying diets etc but nothing seems to work), due to bad experiences with getting my hernia repair done ( took 4 years) i am not very optimistic about these things although i am trying very hard with this though. Thanks for the tips there much appreciated!

Hi - I can't offer much help with your questions but I just wanted to say hello and welcome. I'm sure someone will be able to give you the info your after xx

Hi welcome I'm fairly new too. good luck with the referral hope all goes smoothly

Eze i just wanted to say hi amd welcome to mini's

hey fgs, is that a new pic of you, you luk fab...u looked gud on your other one but wow!! you can see a big difference...well done xxxx

Hi Ezze
I am in the same postiiton of you and have also been referred to super at Heartlands, i am awaiting an appointment too, so let me know if you get any joy and i will do the same back xx

Hi Ezze
I have spoke to Dr Super's secretary today. It has been 2 weeks since my doctor referred me to them, the secretary tells me i am in the system and that it is now going to the appointment section, apparantly there is a 3 month waiting list for my initial appointment with them, so plenty of time to get my head around it and to try and diet again before hand! Hope that helps xx

Back