• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

where did everyone start??

kphorrox

can anyone tell me where i get all the info i need so i can go back to my doctors with research.
ps im not very good with a computer lol:cry:

Hi there, i just wanted to say hello and welcome. I am the same - not too good with the computer and have never replied on any forums. But dont worry, there are lots of people on here with loads of tips and fantastic advise. One of the best websites i have been to is
www.bospa.org
Hang on in there, lots of people will reply with more info :)

hi! like sue says that website is a great first stop and then asking any questions you have about the surgery on here is also a great help. I also typed in weight loss surgery into google and found loads of info. what sort of surgery are you thinking about?

i am trying for the band three years of going to the docs still for them not to do anything i am losing the will

you could try googling ur area with weight loss urgery, and see what comes up x

have just replied in your other post also!! whats your bmi if you dont mind me asking? and where in preston are you?

have you tried seeing different doctors to see if they will refer you? im in the ashton area of preston so not too far away! your bmi does seem like you are a good candidate, have you tried other sorts of weight loss methods? as that is what i think the pct ask for. i also saw a dietician in penwortham but that took months to see her and tbh wasnt much good:(

i have tried s/w w/w two years on each at ww i weighed more than when i started. s/w was very slow on off when i stopped it all went on.
in between i have had two large babies in which my stomach has never changed.ive seen two dieticians and my health visitor.
now they want to send me on this food for thought programme i dont know how this will help it wont stop the food going in.
i feel that repulsed with myself some days i dont eat or drink not that that will help.
i want to enjoy my 3 year old and six month old

if your doctor wont help try calling the pct your self and talking with them .. i know of a friend who did this and got her funding that way some doctors have no clue about WLS .. and have never done referral's before .. not saying its fair or right as your Dr should be doing there best to help you.

you could try seeing a diff Dr or even changing Dr's and going to a medical center with more than one Dr in the practice.

call the closest hospital to you that does bariatric surgery and speak to the bariatric nurse and see what they say.

if theres anything i can help with let me know ;o)

Back