• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not sure where things are going…feeling rather lost :(

Great news Sunshine, the time will fly by too :)

Hope your journey is smooth from now on xx

Thanks GeMzy :)

Just caught this thread ..that's such good news sunshine :) I will keep fingers crossed for you.

Thanks MrsZ and femfranlie :)

I was so excited about the first seminar. And so scared.

I had visions of having to strip naked so they could see if I really needed surgery - funny how your mind plays tricks on you and you start to panic.

Every appointment is a step closer. I just can't wait. I've reserved my place on the 'losers bench' and looking forward to plonking my (hopefully) smaller bum on it.

Hopefully there will be no stripping naked when I finally get to seminar! :D

:) :) fantastic news ...what a relief for you..so whens the new appointment? Mine is 21st may..not long...thanks for the update sunshine xxx

Hi Maychick, I just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow :) x

Hi Maychick, I just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow :) x

As Promised Sunshine100, here's what happened at the seminar, There where about 30 of us who attended... The Bariatric nurse gave us a booklet which explains all the surgery procedures the can be done, contact numbers, webistes etc, a list of fasting blood tests that must be done before your next appointment and an opt in information sheet telling you that you have unto 28 days to make your mind up if you still want to go ahead with the op, you have to ring a number up.

then the surgeon Mr Schroeder went though each procedure and each stage of the journey etc, then the senior dietician spoke about pre op diet to shrink liver and diet after the various ops etc...then the surgeon answered loads of questions from us....well all got weight and our height was taken Bmi was given...(you get weighed privately in a separate room)...The surgeon and the dietician seemed lovely and the surgeon had a good sense of humour, the who thing was very informal and the staff were friendly. the Dr said that whole journey will take around 18 months and we will be given a target weight loss of around 11lbs to lose. we are given our target weight at our 1st 1 to 1 meeting with the nurse and dietician. ...i'ts information overload...lol xx

Hi Maychick,

Thanks for that! Exciting times!!!
How are you feeling today? Are you planning on going ahead? Do you have a preference to which surgery you would prefer after hearing about the options? xx

I'm feeling excited now...the seminar really put my mind at rest...I have decided for a bypass based on the info, I feel that's the best op...I have arranged for my bloods to be taken and I also have booked my 1st appointment :) (1 to 1 with the nurse and dietitian) which is 24th june ....couldn't wait too book it up...lol xx

Ah that's all sounding great! 24th will be here before you know it. Did they mention when funding is decided? That's the only thing that is worrying me.
So what bloods do you need before your appointment then? X

Sunshine100 congratts please let me know what the seminar is all about . Im waiting for funding which cant be applied for till July.I have finished 3 tier weight management .Best wishes all the way girl

Hi Sharona, it's not my seminar for another week yet but if you have a look back over the last few posts Maychick had hers already and told us all about it. Good luck with your funding! Are you at Sunderland too? (I'm reading on my phone so can't see any biog) x

Sunshine100 Ni im in Birmingham hun. ok didnt see above posts just getting my head around the site there is so much on here and its great to see so many people in same boat aye. hope all goes well hun x

No problem, I have found this site to be a god send. (Once you work out how to navigate it lol) x

Ah that's all sounding great! 24th will be here before you know it. Did they mention when funding is decided? That's the only thing that is worrying me.
So what bloods do you need before your appointment then? X

Hi Sunshine100 sorry i've not replied sooner. Yes I'm looking forward to my appointment:) On Tuesday and Wednesday I got my bloods taken at the blood test clinic at southtyneside hospital (lucky for me i live next to it:D ) I should get my results by wednesday, I hope my G.P will give me a copy. (at the seminar, they said to get a copy of results to take to your 1st appointment, as sometimes it's a pain for them to rely on gp to fax the results on to them.) The blood tests i had taken were for day 1: glucose, lipids,thyroid,liver,u+e,fbc,cholesterol,bone panel. Then day 2 was another glucose both sets of tests are fasting tests so nothing to eat for at least 12 hours before the tests....If you are diabetic then the tests are the same but instead of the glucose test you have a hba1c test and you only have to do day one tests....I just booked my tests with my gp, told me to go to one of the drop in blood clinics.

Sorry I can't remember what they said about funding, the whole seminar was a overload of info.. i think the will decide after your 1st appointment, i think they said something about a meeting. I hope we get funding:sigh: I can't see why they won't, I have a BMI of 55 and I want to do exactly what the dr tells me, i hate milk but I'm weaning myself on it because i know i'll have to do that milk diet ...lol

Not long now for your seminar. :)

Hi Maychick,
It's good to hear from you. :)
Well done with all of those bloods! I am diabetic so by the sounds of it I will need less than you (its not often a diabetic can say that about blood tests!)

I hope they all come back ok for you. Its not long now till your next appointment…..yay x

Back