• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

where to go?

lizzie0310

hi all, well ive been lurking for a while now and have enjoyed all your posts but im now coming out of hiding!

im now in a position to go private for a band but i dont know where to start! does anyone have any advice on which company to go with? im in edinburgh area.....help!!

thanks
liz x

thanks lisa, you look like youre doing great! have you a diary or something i could read your story on for inspiration? would love to hear all about it! liz x

Hi and welcome. I have no idea but am sure a bander will be along soon to give you all the advice you need.

Good luck with your journey, enjoy the ride xx

Hi,

I had a band privately, and I went with the BMI healthcare group at the Thornbury in Sheffield.

I have found them to be brilliant! The aftercare is very good, all four fills (the ones that are included) done under x-ray and monthly appointments with the dietitian for the first year.
Would recommend them :)

Choosing a provider is a personal thing dependent on cost and location etc.

Im sure someone else will be along with their experiences :)

Are you sure you want a band? If not 100% sure see a surgeon that does more types of surgery and discuss with him which would suit you best.

Good luck and welcome.
x

Hi Liz

As you are in Scotland Im not sure which companies operate any where near you.

I had my band fitted with the WLS Group but they are located in cities in England.

I suppose you have allready tried the NHS route/

Good luck x

Hi Lurker Lizzie :) welcome. Cant help re a service provider I'm London NHS, just wanted to say Hi :)

thank you all for your kind replies x

ive been looking around and think ive settled for the WLS Group, probably Belgium for the cost and possibly a band. bypass is such a big op that im scared it could turn nasty but there would no fills to keep going back for but then band is so much less everything, smaller, quicker op, less recovery less cost! but will it work for me? ive about 12 stone to lose....is this unrealistic?? next step for me is to get the courage up to phone them and arrange an appointment, i suppose im making excuses but ive 3 kids to look after and would need to arrange childcare for me to 'pop' to glasgow for the day, its difficult. i want this to be over already! night x

Hi Liz,
I too went privately after researching wls for over three years, it's such a tough decision I know. Eventually I decided the gastric sleeve was the right option for me. I went with Healthier Weight mainly because they offered a £1000 discount off their usual prices last december. I had the op in January and so far I am thrilled to bits with how well everything is going. I hope this helps.
Sandra x

I went through Healthier Weight for my bypass. They have been such a wonderful company to deal with. They do bands, bypasses, sleeves and DS's.

I have had my band fitted by Shaw Somers through Streamline at St Richards in Chichester. This is obviously a bit of a trek for you but I can highly recommend them.

I would advise you to speak to a consultant about which op will be best for you as it is a really important decision. There is no point in spending money on a band if it is not the right option for you.

You will need to discuss your eating habits amongst other things with your surgeon before deciding on the best way forward.

Good luck!

I don't know how far you would travel but my friend had her band in Glasgow at the Nuffield Hospital with David Galloway. She loves him.

Back