• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

where have i gone wrong

hiya maybe the faggot to rich i not sure as i had bypass but just put it down to experience.

hi sarah hope ur well.. i dont know really but some days i just cant eat much and others i feel like i can eat loads! xx

hi sarah hope ur well.. i dont know really but some days i just cant eat much and others i feel like i can eat loads! xx

thats how i feel, i can eat loads one day and the next just a few mouthfuls.

i had the bypass but i just wanna say i hope ur feel better soon, when im sick i need a good sleep afterwards always feel better after that

Maybe you ate it too quick. That happened to me quite a lot in the beginning as I was used to stuffing food in quickly. Then I realised that if I ate from the tip of a teaspoon it would be OK, so that's what I did. You are still only three weeks post-op and your new gubbins (medical term!! haha) will still be a little tender. It's a steep learning curve, isn't it?

Sorry you don't feel so good hunny....on a similar thread to what Gillabean said Fat Families bloke this week had the family eating from a cocktail stick to slow them down..... granted with cheesey mash that may be a little difficult, but they had rice in the meal they were eating, it slowed them right down.xxxxx

hi sarah, iv struggled today i got to confident and tried eating melon,wow it got stuck i was sick could not breave it was my worst day so far.i must had mit its the first time iv had regrets having op.chris--hope you feel better soon

Hi Sarah,

I was sick in the first couple of months after having the sleeve,i now know why :sigh:,i was trying to over eat,i just couldnt get my head around how little food i was eating and getting full so i would try and eat a little bit more,big mistake :eek:.

It is a whole new learning process but you will get there,as soon as you start to feel full please stop,it doesnt matter how little you think u have eaten ,what u have to remember is your tummy is approx the size of a sausage.Eat little and often if that suits you better,it worked for me :).I was advised to eat 4/6 very small meals a day rather than 2/3 large ones.

Everyone is different and i sure other sleevers will advise something different ,i can only speak from my experiences .

xx

I'm over 3 months out now and i'm still sick a lot. I dont know anyone who has been as sick much as I have. I still find eating very difficult some days. This morning I am trying some rice crispies for breakfast and hopefully they will be ok.

Its a very individual experience and I think maybe I suffered so bad is because my scar got infected so maybe I have taken more time to heal inside than others.

I hope it works out ok for you.

Hope you're feeling better! I've not had my op yet, so can't really help, but I would agree with what the others have said - the faggot was probably too rich (mind you, don't know how anyone can eat them anyway!:yuk:).

Perhaps eating more slowly is the answer xx

Hi

I agree with Gill on this, your only just 17 days post op so its a little early to start worrying, this is early days and its all trial and error with your eating at this stage, your gona find things sit well in the pouch and others dont, i still cant really tolerate melted cheese now, its just how it goes really.

How's it going today Sarah? xx

good luck with that sarah xxx

all is good at hospital 4 check up this afternoon x

That's good to hear. Hope it all goes well with you this afternoon. I'm following your progress closely as I'm hoping for a sleeve soon myself xx

Back